Spent 3 BORING days in the hospital, still bored, AMA (asthma shit)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
So, it's 6 am here, and my sleep habit is completely out of whack right now. Long story short, I went to the ER a few days ago and ended up staying for 3 damn days, which was just about the most mind numbing, boring, uncomfortable, stupid thing ever

I've had asthma my whole life and it seems like every 2 years or so in the winter, things get so bad that I end up carted away with a bunch of tubes down my mouth and shit pumping into my lungs. I have stuff at home - a rescue inhaler to use. Then, the next step after that, I use this nebulizer machine that pumps liquid albuterol into your lungs for about 10 minutes.

That machine deal is supposed to be a last ditch, super powerful dosage. It's always saved me except for maybe 6-8 times in my life, one being last night. It's scary as fuck, man, when you cannot breathe at all, and have exhausted every back up/emergency resource designed to help you breathe.

So of course, I had no choice but to call the ambulance, embarrass myself in front of my neighbors, etc. Just a really shitty time, man. Anyway.. I have not seen or talked to ANYONE for days except for my mom.. so.. it would be kinda cool to talk to you guys, I guess. I'm fine now, they gave me new stuff and steroids (not the good kind) and I have to be super careful the next couple days. I knew it was an asthma attack, but, I have to be honest. When my lungs completely closed I got this super sharp pain on the left side of my chest and that was scary as FUCK. I legit, thought I was gonna die. I really don't like that feeling.

Anyway. Just needed to vent about that I guess.

Not much cool happened. But

However. Oh my god, the people you see in this place. I have plenty of stories to tell about "Bruice", the homeless guy from the ER who had to be restrained by 4 donut eating slob police, while he tried to cop a feel on a 60 year nurses bosom.

Basically, my sleep schedule is FUCKED, I am bored out of my damn mind, cannot sleep, and have no one to talk to. SO, I figure the best way to vent about my experience would be, where else, you guys?

I tried to take a pic during the Brucie incident but it didn't work out due to curtains. I have a pic I can post to prove I was there, but I don't see the point, as I doubt anyone thinks I'm lying

ANYWAY. BORED. Someone talk to me and update me with news on the MMA world please. Or ask me anything about the most boring 3 days of my life.. please. I can tell you all about the microwaved spaghetti with "sauce" and the "bread".. I think that's what it was.

Missed you guys. Hope you're all doing good. Gotta say, I do wish you guys lived around me, would be cool to have friends as cool as you all

Peace

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I'll also have to share the story about the guy who came in wearing a sling, demanding oxy cotton for his "shoulder injury". When they wouldn't give it to him after 2 hours of him increasingly getting aggressive, by the time he started yelling and accosted the nurses physically, he was slammed down by a giant black dude cop who is now my new hero. I was like, where was that cop when Brucie was running wild?

Inner city hospitals. Like a zoo really. If I could go back on an exhibit type deal, I would.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Also.. I'll reply to all messages/posts sometime this morning/later today. Have so much catching up to do. Blah

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
ive been there myself bro. ive had asthma since i was a child and had some really rough years.its been a long time since i was in the hospital for it though.the prices they charge for some of the inhalers is down right criminal. heres to a speedy recovery.

the hospital is always a gong show of drug addicts and wierdos.i wouldnt want to work there lol

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Damn G, wondered where you've been. Hope you're felling better. How's the back doing?

You should have my number, call me anytime if you want to chat. I mean it, anytime.

Glad to see you back, this place is not quite the same when you're MIA ;)

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Damn dude, glad your ok, I've had Asthma my whole life also but I seemed to kinda grow out of it during teen years, though I keep a blue gun around just on rare occasion.....one thing I do react to is those damn aerosol cans / deodorant , they put so much shit in it.......where bouts do you live dude?

Feb 28, 2015
Glad to hear you're feeling better! I have been a life-long asthma sufferer. I had a bad attack in the middle of the night while I slept a couple of weeks ago. It's rare for me and the last time it happened I had to call the ambulance because I started blacking out since I couldn't get enough oxygen. Had to use what breath I had to make a run to the front door and unlock it for them in case I passed out. That was no fun, I can 100% relate my friend.

My rescue inhaler did the trick the other night but I was a bit freaked that I was going to have to call 911 again. (I know what caused it this time though and it was my own fault.)

There are some things I have done that have greatly reduced any asthma and outside of issues I have had in the past several months since moving into this old house with old carpet, I rarely have issues anymore. The carpet will be gone in the next couple of months and I cannot wait.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Damn man I'm sorry to hear that, and can sympathize with many posters on this thread. I have spent so much time in ER over the past couple years with my recent ex. Athsma is scary, she alluded a few times to how lucky I am that I don't have breathing problems but just reading these posts and you guys accounts has really hammered the nail home.

I hope you are doing well. All of you guys. And gals. And if you ever find yourself in a situation like this pm me and I'll call you and we can talk about whatever you need to make your day better

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
One good thing about having Athsma is that being used to that breathless feeling you should never have to tap to pressure in BJJ. I hope you feel better. Here I was thinking I was a unique form of mutant, & all you fuckers have the same issue.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Still no response to my emails or tweets. I am hoping this is just one of his hiatus', and he'll show up here in a couple of weeks.