Spike TV president: Scott Coker is 'a giant step up' for Bellator MMA

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
It has only been about seven months since Scott Coker took the reins of Bellator MMA. But his boss is already giving him rave reviews. Spike TV president Kevin Kay told MMAFighting.com last week that he believes Coker has put Bellator in a better position to succeed since taking over for Bjorn Rebney last June, for various reasons.

"Fighters just love this guy and camps and management and people, they want to be in business with Coker," Kay said during a media event to promote Premier Boxing Champions on Spike. "They feel like he's honest, he's straightforward, he puts on great fights and he promotes really well. I think it's just a giant step up from where we were and I feel like the organization is in great hands and the future is really bright. I feel like we have a lot of potential to grow now."

"He has the relationships to talk to everybody," Kay said. "He's talking with Fedor. He's talking to Brock, he's talking to Gina. These are people he's known for years, so we are in a better position to potentially land those people."

More: http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/27...r-bellator-mma

I'll say it again...Scott Coker is a STUD.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Hoping Justin Wren can weigh in on this as well. I've spoken to him about when he met with Coker, and he had nothing but good things to say.

TheBigPygmy/JustinWren

Professional Fighter
Pro Fighter
Jan 24, 2015
I Wild Each It;n8617 said:
Hoping Justin Wren can weigh in on this as well. I've spoken to him about when he met with Coker, and he had nothing but good things to say.
The guy seems totally legit and awesome. Big sweetheart, loves fights and the fighters.