(Spoiler) Keep Cyborg Santos in your thoughts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
P

Punch

So you wanna be a fuckin' fighter?!

Santos didn't even go out. Tough dude. I can't find any updates on his condition. Hope he's ok.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Crushed his nasal cavity from what this looks like.
Bloody 'ell!!!......
Couldn't see that from tv camera angle.

Nose surgey in his near future.
I think he'll be alright though, thankfully.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
Oh my god this is horrible. Also, even though I'm a fan of Bellator, they'd better pay for all his medical costs. If they don't I'm going to lose a lot of respect for them.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
damn that has to be top 3 most fucked up mma injuries. the force required to smash your skull in like that is insane

BJJMMA

John Wayne Man in Johnny Depp World
Jun 7, 2016
This is so sad. I doubt he ever fights again. At least I don't see how and I hope he doesn't.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
This is so sad. I doubt he ever fights again. At least I don't see how and I hope he doesn't.
Why not?
His eyes seem to be fine, no internal bleeding (not a doctor but I don't think the brain is permanently injured apart from maybe a concussion, otherwise the docs wouldn't be so relaxed I guess)
So, this will hopefully heal like any other bone. Or what am I missing?

BJJMMA

John Wayne Man in Johnny Depp World
Jun 7, 2016
Why not?
His eyes seem to be fine, no internal bleeding (not a doctor but I don't think the brain is permanently injured apart from maybe a concussion, otherwise the docs wouldn't be so relaxed I guess)
So, this will hopefully heal like any other bone. Or what am I missing?
I hope your right. That just seems like the type injury it would be hard to fully recover from. Idk what procedure it for that. I would think plate or something. Idk. Splinty @Splinty ?

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
Ok scratch what I said, I just read Cyborg's post. Apparently Bellator will be taking care of his medicals, but Cyborg launches a go fund me because he won't be able to compete for a long time. I hope the surgery takes place as soon as possible and it's succesful.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I hope your right. That just seems like the type injury it would be hard to fully recover from. Idk what procedure it for that. I would think plate or something. Idk. Splinty @Splinty ?
Yeah haven't even thought about that, maybe a plate, dunno. Sure it will take time, but I really wouldn't be surprised to see him compete again at least once, dude is a fighter.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
That dent looks like the exact size of the Poke ball Page rolled at him afterwards. Are we sure that was from the knee strike?

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
A "go fund me" should be completely unnecessary. If Coker is the stand up guy we all claim, he will make sure Bellator covers every cent required for Cyborg's care...if not he can fuck off and join EGG, Gary Shaw and the long list of boxing promoters in the land off scummy fight promoters.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
that's equivalent of a car driving 45 mph hitting his skull...seen it on sports science

Left Hook Larry

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
A "go fund me" should be completely unnecessary. If Coker is the stand up guy we all claim, he will make sure Bellator covers every cent required for Cyborg's care...if not he can fuck off and join EGG, Gary Shaw and the long list of boxing promoters in the land off scummy fight promoters.
so u didnt read the post i take it?

Left Hook Larry

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah I read it, "supposed" to and DOES is not the same thing. If they do cover it fine, that's what they are "supposed" to do.
but she was saying the go fund me would be used since he will be out of work for awhile.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
but she was saying the go fund me would be used since he will be out of work for awhile.
Yeah, for sure...I don't disagree that it IS necessary. But, again it should be unnecessary. Any decent promoter would make sure, even to the detriment to their own bottom line, to take care of the fighters that put their lives and health on the line for your promotion. If they have to pay his bills for 6 months or a year...so be it, his skull was crushed for your promotion. If his career is over, than I hope he has already set up a plan to transition to a post mma career in teaching/coaching or whatever.

Mishima Zaibatsu

TMMAC’s resident musician
Feb 27, 2016
Saw the image on Facebook. Hope he recovers.

This is why knees too the head scare the shit out of me.