General Spotify staff threatening to strike over Rogan

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Replace them.
Easy enough.
Yep. The legal term is “at-will employment”. If you don’t want to work there, someone else will gladly take your job - especially right now with so many laid off. And if you want to make threats (like a strike) or publicly express your disdain for working there, then they can send you on your way and you don’t get jack shit.

Pretty simple.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Yep. The legal term is “at-will employment”. If you don’t want to work there, someone else will gladly take your job - especially right now with so many laid off. And if you want to make threats (like a strike) or publicly express your disdain for working there, then they can send you on your way and you don’t get jack shit.

Pretty simple.
Replaceable jobs vs. someone the company deems as worth $100m to bring to the company (ie. assumed to bring in even more revenue of signed to the platform).

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
they can probably fire all these sjw and replace them with Indian dudes like in maybe one week.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Fuck those cry babies. Spotify should hire some of us to replace them!

Also, what did joe apologize for? I must’ve missed that.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
If Alex Jones and Eddie Bravo episodes are not on spotify then Rogan is completely sold out.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Fuck those cry babies. Spotify should hire some of us to replace them!

Also, what did joe apologize for? I must’ve missed that.
He said there was a lot of arson on the west coast of North America
There indeed was a lot of arson involved, dozens of arrests and charges over a 2 week period

He tucked dick and issued a retraction and said there wasn't arson and it was natural, he was misinformed blah blah blah...because his liberal overlords own him
His bro Cam Hanes, who lives near me, right near some of the arson. Cam tried to correct him but Joe can't handle the truth so moved quickly onto other subjects.

100 Mill buys you a joe rogan apparently

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
He said there was a lot of arson on the west coast of North America
There indeed was a lot of arson involved, dozens of arrests and charges over a 2 week period

He tucked dick and issued a retraction and said there wasn't arson and it was natural, he was misinformed blah blah blah...because his liberal overlords own him
His bro Cam Hanes, who lives near me, right near some of the arson. Cam tried to correct him but Joe can't handle the truth so moved quickly onto other subjects.

100 Mill buys you a joe rogan apparently
That he tucked dick surprised me as he didn’t tuck when he made those comments about that guy who fought kimbo a while back

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
regardless of what's going on at spotify, the 100 mil is not fuck you money for joe, more like getting fucked in the ass money the way it looks right now. Joe would never apologize for all the dumb shit he used to say, why all of a sudden.

should have had a talk with his comedy mentor (Dave Chappelle) on what he should have done when the offer came in
1602041838155.png

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I missed that
Petruzelli or Dada 8000?
Dada
He said something about how dada was all grape soda and fried chicken but basically said “I can’t believe people misinterpreted my comments and are upset due to their misunderstanding of my words”

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Dada
He said something about how dada was all grape soda and fried chicken but basically said “I can’t believe people misinterpreted my comments and are upset due to their misunderstanding of my words”
Dada would be Joe's Dada
Fried chicken is amazing
Grape soda is for kids

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Gosh damn, lack of mocking, for sure.
There was nothing mocking anywhere and the article can’t even claim it was Rogan who said it
Terrible article
Different link with more info...

Joe Rogan slams 'woke kids' amid transphobic uproar

UFC icon turns tables on Spotify employees
Rogan also attempted to convince employees at Spotify that he was not transphobic, while defending his right to freedom of speech.

“I don’t know what the actual conversation has been from Spotify talking to these employees. But if these employees are listening, I would tell you, emphatically, I am not in any way anti-trans... I am 100 per cent for people being able to do whatever they want, as long as it doesn’t harm other people," he said.

“I’m talking off the top of my head. And a lot of times I’m saying shit that I don’t even mean. I’m saying it because this is a f***ing podcast,” he added.

“And if you have a problem with people saying terrible s*** and you work for Spotify, maybe you should listen to some of the lyrics (of songs on the platform). Because some of the lyrics and some of the f***ing music that you guys play over and over and over again makes my s*** pale in comparison.

“But I get it, you’re a 23-year-old woke kid and you’re working for this company and you think you’re gonna put your foot down, I get it.”

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Joey is real. I really like Rogan and his podcast was great but Onnit has some weird snake oil stuff, Aubrey Marcus is a total weirdo and that's who Joe is attached to business wise. Imagine Joey Diaz and Aubrey Marcus having a conversation, I can't even picture it. That's a difference between them right there, but yeah.. this whole Rogan apology/deleting episodes/blah blah has definitely been a bummer. I guess ppl will do a lot for that kind of money, but I'm glad he spoke out against it.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Joey is real. I really like Rogan and his podcast was great but Onnit has some weird snake oil stuff, Aubrey Marcus is a total weirdo and that's who Joe is attached to business wise. Imagine Joey Diaz and Aubrey Marcus having a conversation, I can't even picture it. That's a difference between them right there, but yeah.. this whole Rogan apology/deleting episodes/blah blah has definitely been a bummer. I guess ppl will do a lot for that kind of money, but I'm glad he spoke out against it.
Aubrey Marcus being a legit cuck letting his wife get banged out by other men and as a shock to nobody losing her due to that, is fucking embarrasing. Good thing he's rich or he might've killed himself...