St-Pierre says UFC refused to let him fight Khabib Nurmagomedov

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
why would they want him to possibly win and not defend his belt?
came here to say this. GSP is working on his legacy, the UFC is working on their belts being important. It loses its luster if they let GSP win it and then retire again.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
came here to say this. GSP is working on his legacy, the UFC is working on their belts being important. It loses its luster if they let GSP win it and then retire again.
they should just make a catch weight fight with khabib and it'll be a win win..163 be perfect..

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
they should just make a catch weight fight with khabib and it'll be a win win..163 be perfect..
That's actually a good idea but I suspect they don't want GSP beating their champs and then leaving again. He won't take the belt but he would take Khabib's luster and undefeated record.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
That's actually a good idea but I suspect they don't want GSP beating their champs and then leaving again. He won't take the belt but he would take Khabib's luster and undefeated record.
Yea a big risk for the UFC brass to roll the dice on GSP. If he wins you have a stain on Khabib's record which is one major selling point for a Khabib fight as he's not gonna say much other than "i will smash"

Bisping/GSP was low risk as we all knew Bisping wasn't going to be champ for long.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
ESPN deal is the main dealbreaker though. In the previous era, they were willing to wreck divisions for short-term PPV buy. Now they aren't chasing buys so they have no incentive to do it.

Krazy.Russki

Feb 25, 2019
I love how mad you get when trying to discredit GSP. He's the best. Deal with it.

GSP is the best, hands down.... of his era. Dont you get it? There will always be someone stronger, younger and hungrier than you. It sucks, but it's the reality ..