Society Stacey Abrams:"No such thing as a heartbeat @ 6 weeks, that's manufactured...."

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
a brain is not fully formed till 26 years old. Should we be able to kill a kid any time before then? it's not a real brain yet. How about 9 months inside the womb. Is it a heart then?
false choice is false AKA bullshit.

are we talking about banning abortions at 6 weeks because "heartbeat", or talking about banning abortions of convenience at 9 months?

because only one of those is actually a thing.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
false choice is false AKA bullshit.

are we talking about banning abortions at 6 weeks because "heartbeat", or talking about banning abortions of convenience at 9 months?

because only one of those is actually a thing.
the majority of abortions in the 3rd trimester are elective.... so your false is false

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
source?
are we talking about 3rd trimester or 9 months?
3rd trimester 9th month included. A baby is fully viable in the 3rd trimester. You've had 6 months to change your mind at that point. I can go digging for the links later. They are posted in the big roe thread if you genuinely curious.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
3rd trimester 9th month included. A baby is fully viable in the 3rd trimester. You've had 6 months to change your mind at that point. I can go digging for the links later. They are posted in the big roe thread if you genuinely curious.
first, what's the distribution? are 95% of the abortions happening at 6 months, or 9 months? Let's look at the curve.

also, elective isn't the same as "convenience". "Elective" just means that the baby would survive birth. A fetus diagnosed with Trisomy 13/18 is an elective abortion, and there are a multitude of conditions where the fetus would only survive a few agonizing minutes or days before starving to death. Many of those conditions can't be diagnosed until late in the pregnancy.

if abortions can be made illegal, vaccines can be made mandatory.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
if abortions can be made illegal, vaccines can be made mandatory
This completely negates the value of the life of the child in the womb. There’s not a single argument that can be made for an elective abortion late term that cannot be made for a person outside the womb. You’ve never once heard me say that abortions should be made illegal whole cloth. But they also shouldn’t be treated as contraception after the fact. Especially once said being can feel/experience pain.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
There’s not a single argument that can be made for an elective abortion late term that cannot be made for a person outside the womb.
the baby will have a short life of pain. I think if you have kids, you should understand the process of pregnancy...do you have kids?

BTW - I love the myth of "abortion contraception"

do you really think that women are saying "condoms are just too much hassle, I'll get an abortion instead."?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
This completely negates the value of the life of the child in the womb
no, it states that the gov't has no right to make medical decisions that override a right to privacy and a right to body autonomy

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
the baby will have a short life of pain. I think if you have kids, you should understand the process of pregnancy...do you have kids?

BTW - I love the myth of "abortion contraception"

do you really think that women are saying "condoms are just too much hassle, I'll get an abortion instead."?
I do have kids and yes. I know that’s the case. Most babies are not shorted for health issues.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
no, it states that the gov't has no right to make medical decisions that override a right to privacy and a right to body autonomy
You’re ignoring the second body developing that outside of rape is due to a conscious decision of the mother. Short life of pain or not. You shouldn’t get to cause physical harm and suffering to another because of convenience.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I do have kids and yes. I know that’s the case. Most babies are not shorted for health issues.
but we're talking about "3rd Trimester" abortions.

In the US, less than 1% of abortions happen after 24 weeks.
At 23 weeks, less than 2% of infants will survive outside of the womb.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You’re ignoring the second body developing that outside of rape is due to a conscious decision of the mother. Short life of pain or not. You shouldn’t get to cause physical harm and suffering to another because of convenience.
a conscious decision of the mother...like "my devoutly Catholic husband with a minimum wage job got me pregnant for the 5th time."?

"convenience" is just you making up a word to fit your belief

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
a conscious decision of the mother...like "my devoutly Catholic husband with a minimum wage job got me pregnant for the 5th time."?

"convenience" is just you making up a word to fit your belief
Use contraception. Don’t cause suffering to innocent life. First trimester go for it. But once there’s a spinal cord and nervous system it’s just wrong.

yes aborting your child because you’re too lazy to take birth control, use a condom, iud, morning after pill, or even just pull out is about convenience. If you’re going to do it do it early. All the rest should be under the rarest of circumstances.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Use contraception. Don’t cause suffering to innocent life. First trimester go for it. But once there’s a spinal cord and nervous system it’s just wrong.

yes aborting your child because you’re too lazy to take birth control, use a condom, iud, morning after pill, or even just pull out is about convenience. If you’re going to do it do it early. All the rest should be under the rarest of circumstances.
"use contraception" LoL

"take a beating, then have unprotected sex"

less than 1% of abortions happen in the 3rd trimester. you just keep clinging to propaganda about who's getting abortions and why.
look up the statistics. It IS under the rarest of circumstances that abortions happen after the 1st trimester, and it's with the input of a doctor.

nobody gives a fuck what you think they should do with their body and an organism that can't survive outside of them.

are you vegan?

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
"use contraception" LoL

"take a beating, then have unprotected sex"

less than 1% of abortions happen in the 3rd trimester. you just keep clinging to propaganda about who's getting abortions and why.
look up the statistics. It IS under the rarest of circumstances that abortions happen after the 1st trimester, and it's with the input of a doctor.

nobody gives a fuck what you think they should do with their body and an organism that can't survive outside of them.

are you vegan?
Whats 1% of 860000? To many. I have looked it up. The majority of abortions through all trimesters are done for elective ( contraceptive) reasons. Speaking of one percent. Rape/incest also account for less than 1%. You’re arguing against a straw man in your head. I’d be very much ok with the European standard of 12-15 weeks. But as much as you protest otherwise you’re not going to convince me and plenty of other people that’s it’s ok to cause a living feeling being harm, suffering, and death no matter how quickly it is. Just so you can have an easier life. Especially when it was your decision that led to that beings existence. Something that’s been true for all of mammalian history.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
but we're talking about "3rd Trimester" abortions.

In the US, less than 1% of abortions happen after 24 weeks.
At 23 weeks, less than 2% of infants will survive outside of the womb.
Your abortion stats are terrible

7737B391-4C54-4548-8814-10ECF1814D8C.jpeg

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Yes and I’m perfectly ok with that man being held responsible for his action as well.
is there any problem state intervention can't solve?

what other medical procedures are the purview of the state?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK

There is no sharp limit of development, age, or weight at which a fetus becomes viable.[15] A 2015 study found that even with active treatment, no infants born at less than 22 weeks survived, but an infant born at 21 weeks and one day in April of 2021 did survive his premature birth.[16] At 23 weeks survival without severe impairment is less than 2%, and at 25 weeks, up to 30% might survive without severe impairment.[17][18] According to studies between 2003 and 2005,[19][20][21] 20 to 35 percent of babies born at 24 weeks of gestation survived, while 50 to 70 percent of babies born at 25 weeks, and more than 90 percent born at 26 to 27 weeks, survived.[18] Because the chance of survival is variable based on interventions available and the weight and sex of the fetus, there is no consensus on viability. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists reports that 23% of abortion providers offer abortions at 20 weeks of gestation and later, most often using a method called dilation and evacuation (D&E).[22]