General Stand up comedians I like

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
James Acastser
Dave Allen
Dave Attell
Aziz Ansari
Nate Bargatze
Carl Barron
Todd Barry
Alonzo Bodden
Neal Brennan
Hannibal Buress
Bo Burnham
Jerrod Carmichael
Jimmy Carr
Dave Chapelle
Louis CK
Deon Cole
Pete Davidson
Mike Epps
Mitch Fatal
Jim Gaffigan
Greg Giraldo
Donald Glover
Gary Gulman

Kevin Hart
Mitch Hedburg
Corey Holcomb
Gabriel Iglesias
Jim Jefferies
Anthony Jeselnik
Anjelah Johnson
Myq Kaplan
Sebastian Maniscalco
Marc Maron
Demetri Martin
Ralphie May
Tracey Morgan
John Mulaney
Morgan Murphy
Jim Norton
Patrice O'neal
Patton Oswalt
Joe Rogan
Bob Saget
Amy Schumer
Nick Swardson
Tom Segura
Sarah Silverman
Sinbad
Sklar (brothers)
Iliza Shlesinger
Christopher Titus
Daniel Tosh
Nick Thune
Tim Vine
Katt Williams
Taylor Williamson
Ali Wong
Steven Wright
Ramy Youssef

Last edited:

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
You forgot Jeff Ross.......

Oh wait, he thinks he’s funny and the only people who laugh at his jokes are fellow comedians....,because, they have to laugh to support him

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Holy shitballs how could I have left out Bill Burr. Jeff Ross another one. Thx

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
James Acastser
Dave Allen
Dave Attell
Aziz Ansari
Nate Bargatze
Carl Barron
Todd Barry
Alonzo Bodden
Neal Brennan
Hannibal Buress
Bo Burnham
Jerrod Carmichael
Jimmy Carr
Dave Chapelle
Louis CK
Deon Cole
Pete Davidson
Mike Epps
Mitch Fatal
Jim Gaffigan
Greg Giraldo
Donald Glover
Gary Gulman

Kevin Hart
Mitch Hedburg
Corey Holcomb
Gabriel Iglesias
Jim Jefferies
Anthony Jeselnik
Anjelah Johnson
Myq Kaplan
Sebastian Maniscalco
Marc Maron
Demetri Martin
Ralphie May
Tracey Morgan
John Mulaney
Morgan Murphy
Jim Norton
Patrice O'neal
Patton Oswalt
Joe Rogan
Bob Saget
Amy Schumer
Nick Swardson
Tom Segura
Sarah Silverman
Sinbad
Sklar (brothers)
Christopher Titus
Daniel Tosh
Nick Thune
Tim Vine
Katt Williams
Taylor Williamson
Ali Wong
Steven Wright
Ramy Youssef
You may be the first person I’ve ever seen say they actually like Amy Schumer’s comedy.

Also do you really enjoy Joe Rogans comedy? He is entertaining but that is because he has quality guests on his podcast from time to time but his actual comedy?

Sarah Silverman? Ouch.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I don't really listen to stand up
Feels so rehearsed to me, because it is

I prefer off the cuff comedy and wit

Haven't heard of almost all of those on the list

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
OP if you had to choose one to recomme d, which would it be?
Well everyone is different so I would first want to get a feel for what type of comedy you like/prefer.

If you like dark comedy, Anthony Jeselnik is your guy.

My top 3 all time comedians are-
Steven Wright
Jimmy Carr
Demitri Martin

All 3 of those have one major aspect in common which is they have a whole lot of short jokes, not much set ups involved. Over time I've really grown to appreciate comedians who can do an entire set with just 2-3 sentence jokes at a time. There's a lot of quantity and when you are good such as these 3, you get a lot of quality as well.

"Someone tried to point out to me that my socks didn't match but I told her to me they do, because I go by the thickness"-Steven Wright

"The problem with pedophiles? Sexy children"-Jimmy Carr

"Some people believe in love at first sight. What about miserable after 3 years?"-Demitri Martin

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
You may be the first person I’ve ever seen say they actually like Amy Schumer’s comedy.

Also do you really enjoy Joe Rogans comedy? He is entertaining but that is because he has quality guests on his podcast from time to time but his actual comedy?

Sarah Silverman? Ouch.
Sucks to be you. I like the fact I can laugh at people. If you can't laugh at them, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe trying to laugh isn't for everyone.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I don't really listen to stand up
Feels so rehearsed to me, because it is

I prefer off the cuff comedy and wit

Haven't heard of almost all of those on the list
I actually just watched Zach Galifinakis last night and his special, which unfortunately I believe he only has one, is probably right up your alley. Some crowd interaction that wasn't rehearsed which was my least favorite part but you might like it.

Zach Galifinakis live at the Purple Onion. If you can't find a link let me know and I'll provide you one.

"My grandpa told me why we have the best last name. It's because it starts with a gal, and ends with a kiss. I said Grandpa can we change our name to Galifinafuck"?

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Sucks to be you. I like the fact I can laugh at people. If you can't laugh at them, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe trying to laugh isn't for everyone.
I can laugh - I just don't find their humor funny at all.

Your list has a couple solid comedians but as for Joey,Amy and Sarah ....

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I actually just watched Zach Galifinakis last night and his special, which unfortunately I believe he only has one, is probably right up your alley. Some crowd interaction that wasn't rehearsed which was my least favorite part but you might like it.

Zach Galifinakis live at the Purple Onion. If you can't find a link let me know and I'll provide you one.

"My grandpa told me why we have the best last name. It's because it starts with a gal, and ends with a kiss. I said Grandpa can we change our name to Galifinafuck"?
I don't know Zach much, but he did love him some Brody Stevens.

Brody Stevens was awesome...he was basically all crowd work under the guise of jokes. Loved to create the uncomfortable moment and turn heel. His whole life was basically crowd work if you look back on it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5a1kgaIs5M

RIP Brody

Twelve Twenty Four

Jan 21, 2016
Well everyone is different so I would first want to get a feel for what type of comedy you like/prefer.

If you like dark comedy, Anthony Jeselnik is your guy.

My top 3 all time comedians are-
Steven Wright
Jimmy Carr
Demitri Martin

All 3 of those have one major aspect in common which is they have a whole lot of short jokes, not much set ups involved. Over time I've really grown to appreciate comedians who can do an entire set with just 2-3 sentence jokes at a time. There's a lot of quantity and when you are good such as these 3, you get a lot of quality as well.

"Someone tried to point out to me that my socks didn't match but I told her to me they do, because I go by the thickness"-Steven Wright

"The problem with pedophiles? Sexy children"-Jimmy Carr

"Some people believe in love at first sight. What about miserable after 3 years?"-Demitri Martin
Cool, jimmy i can take in short bursts but gets on my nerves pretty quickly.
Ill check out the other 2

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Check out Andrew Shultz.
Great off the cuff comedian.
He destroys his audience constantly.

View: https://youtu.be/WQSoJ_ZftIM

View: https://youtu.be/-60PjP4n2qA

View: https://youtu.be/ylYWR9psyEU

Best one

View: https://youtu.be/VJKWNdHoUKk
All of those were legit funny. My only thing is, is I care more about written material that's funny. Well, funny no matter what is key, but how does his material hold up? Surely he doesn't go to comedy places without anything and just performs off the cuff.

I will look into this guy b/c these clips were funny but there was a rapper who died called Eyedea and he was super great at freestyle battles and coming up with awesome rhymes off the top of his head, but his written shit was very weak. I'm hoping this guy isn't the Eyedea version of a stand up comedian.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
All of those were legit funny. My only thing is, is I care more about written material that's funny. Well, funny no matter what is key, but how does his material hold up? Surely he doesn't go to comedy places without anything and just performs off the cuff.

I will look into this guy b/c these clips were funny but there was a rapper who died called Eyedea and he was super great at freestyle battles and coming up with awesome rhymes off the top of his head, but his written shit was very weak. I'm hoping this guy isn't the Eyedea version of a stand up comedian.
Yeah he only has snippets of his sets on his YouTube channel.

I think the majority of his comedy is improvised but I believe he does rehearse a few.

There is behind the scenes of him visiting the city he performing before the set and using what he sees in it.

He is bit vulgar in his approach to comedy but his not giving a flying f#@k is what I like about him.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Sarah Silverman? Ouch.
Never eat he'd Rogan. Never watched Amy schumer but I don't like her from what I've read.