Society Stand your Ground?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

Summary - two guys arguing on county bus. Smaller guy seems to be an asshole. Bigger guy tries to physically intimidate smaller guy and then bigger guy is first to throw punches. Smaller guy pulls gun from waist and shoots bigger guy once in stomach (bigger guy is in hospital and expected to survive). Smaller guy goes on lam for 9 hours before turning himself in, is charged with attempted murder.

No idea if he had a CCWP (Florida requires one to carry a concealed weapon).

Can't find a video without local news assholes talking over it. Click the link for the unedited video.

Altercation on bus leads to shooting

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
That beating is nothing compared to the beating Conor would have taken if he would have gotten on the bus with Khabib.

Apparently after the Khabib fight, Conor sent the bus driver a case of his whiskey to thank him for saving his life.

Apparently the bus driver took one sip of that hobo, lighter fluid whiskey and then used the rest of it to clean his paint brushes.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I know "stand your ground" is a Florida thing.

How is it any different than self defense?

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015

They both can claim stand your ground in this case. Big guy sat down and little guy kept standing over him arguing before big guy had enough and punched him. Little guy knew he was strapped and was being a extra asshole because of it. No whitey to blame that's why it's not national news

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

It's not. Some states have a 'duty to retreat' in their self defense laws.

And SYG won't factor in the prosecution of this assault/shooting

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I think at the age of 18 all Americans should have to take a beating. Then they will know it’s not so bad and stop thinking killing someone rather than taking a beating is a reasonable decision.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
To be fair it was kinda hard for little guy to retreat after much bigger guy punched him and trapped him into seat.
If someone is attacking you, SYG is moot. SYG only comes in to play if you are not at risk of injury or death.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I think at the age of 18 all Americans should have to take a beating. Then they will know it’s not so bad and stop thinking killing someone rather than taking a beating is a reasonable decision.
On every Americans 18th birthday, they wake up to their doorbell ringing. When they open the door, it’s me, all oiled up and wearing a pair of 4 oz gloves. I superman punch them and then lay down a savage but respectful beating.

After it’s over the family thanks me, and we sit down to a pancake breakfast.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Spoken like a true beta cuck.
You're so used to beatings, even rodents alpha you.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Don't you have to be in fear for your life or at risk of being robber to cite SYG?
No. SYG only comes in to play if life is not at risk. Property risk for SD claim varies by state. But SYG only matters if situation not covered by SD laws

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
A cuck is so afraid of taking a beating, they pull a weapon. Or fight until they are losing and then pull a weapon.
So like when the rats alpha'ed you out of your girlcar? You tried traps and poison after they kicked you to the curb, right?

HEATH VON DOOM

Oct 21, 2015
If someone is attacking you, SYG is moot. SYG only comes in to play if you are not at risk of injury or death.
Yes but couldn't the bigger guy also claim stand SYG and that's why he assaulted little guy? Little guy was still acting in a threatening manner after big guy sat down?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Yes but couldn't the bigger guy also claim stand SYG and that's why he assaulted little guy? Little guy was still acting in a threatening manner after big guy sat down?
That's a self defense claim, not SYG

M

member 3289

Stand your ground gives you the right to defend yourself or others (even lethally) regardless of whether safely retreating from the situation might have been possible.

Self-defense gives you the same right to defend yourself but only if you have no other option, i.e. you can't safely retreat the situation.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Is anyone here a lawyer, or are we all talking out of our asses? It would be good to nail this down once and for all.

HEATH VON DOOM

Oct 21, 2015
Is anyone here a lawyer, or are we all talking out of our asses? It would be good to nail this down once and for all.
Apparently one of us is a lawyer from Arizona trying to explain Florida law. I am just asking questions because I can't decide which person was in the wrong in this scenario.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Apparently one of us is a lawyer from Arizona trying to explain Florida law. I am just asking questions because I can't decide which person was in the wrong in this scenario.
That's what I'm saying- this comes up a lot, I'd love to know definitively. Self Defense vs Castle Doctrine vs Stand Your Ground.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
one of us is informed, the other is insecure in their ignorance

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
That's what I'm saying- this comes up a lot, I'd love to know definitively. Self Defense vs Castle Doctrine vs Stand Your Ground.
SD is when someone is attacking you or you have a reasonable fear that you're life (or property, depending on state) is at risk.

SYG explicitly states that you don't have a duty to seek a means of retreat when you have that reasonable fear, before countering the threat of violence with violence.

Castle Doctrine is SYG in your home or automobile, or other "legally occupied space" (varies by state)

SYG is Castle Doctrine everywhere.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
SD is when someone is attacking you or you have a reasonable fear that you're life (or property, depending on state) is at risk.

SYG explicitly states that you don't have a duty to seek a means of retreat before countering the threat of violence with violence.

Castle Doctrine is SYG in your home or automobile, or other "legally occupied space" (varies by state)

SYG is Castle Doctrine everywhere.
Let's say I'm in my yard and someone walks up on the sidewalk, steps onto my yard and tells me they're going to shoot/rob me. Can I shoot them dead in my yard before I see the gun in a SYG state?