Statement Anderson Silva

• Thread starter Morpheushasleftthebuilding
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
oh bullshit, this guy was caught 2 times before and after the fight. Nothing he can say now would make me or any true MMA fan believe his story UNLESS it was I admit I took them. If he goes down the road of he was clean he will surely be remembered as a PED pioneer that got caught. Maybe this was a 1 time deal, but to deny it after 2 positive roid tests and also narcotics thats going alittle over board. I dont think we will see Andy fighting in the UFC cage again. Sad that he is in denial, then again they may have eggwhites in Brazil laced with roids, who knows.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I can't stand how full of shit these guys are for real. YOU TOOK SHIT OWN THE FUCK UP TO IT! Jesus do these guys think we are stupid or something

Bluesville

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Pitbull3744;n24616 said:
I can't stand how full of shit these guys are for real. YOU TOOK SHIT OWN THE FUCK UP TO IT! Jesus do these guys think we are stupid or something
It's incredibly annoying.

But there are probably a lot of people out there who believe it when they come out with these weak defences.

"My doctor gave me a supplement"

"We're checking all the supplements I took"

"Cough syrup - honest"

Nothing can be done about the past, but, if there was a mandatory lifetime ban for a failed test the number of people "taking the wrong over the counter supplements" would drastically reduce. As it stands you deny deny deny talk about appealing against your 6 month ban and then go back to fighting again.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
bluesville;n24620 said:
It's incredibly annoying.

But there are probably a lot of people out there who believe it when they come out with these weak defences.

"My doctor gave me a supplement"

"We're checking all the supplements I took"

"Cough syrup - honest"

Nothing can be done about the past, but, if there was a mandatory lifetime ban for a failed test the number of people "taking the wrong over the counter supplements" would drastically reduce. As it stands you deny deny deny talk about appealing against your 6 month ban and then go back to fighting again.
How about this gem
Ben Admits it Carl Lewis talks shit and then...

[video=youtube;mUiq9pcKmRM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUiq9pcKmRM[/video]

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
This is just shit. He has nothing left to prove and a better in built excuse with the injury that would be more believable than this. At least he would be giving people some credit if he blamed the injury and at least admitted his wrongs in some capacity.

The whole I didn't do anything route is basically saying 3 tests are wrong, pretty big leap of faith there.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I used to say the following at the other place and would get bashed for it by fanboys...but I'll restate it here, and if I get bashed here, I get bashed.

Anderson Silva made a career of beating journeymen and 205ers that weren't very good strikers. The only wins in his UFC career that I find remotely impressive are Franklin (2x) and Belfort. And now looking back, he may have been using PED's the entire time. GOAT? I think not.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I Wild Each It;n24655 said:
I used to say the following at the other place and would get bashed for it by fanboys...but I'll restate it here, and if I get bashed here, I get bashed.

Anderson Silva made a career of beating journeymen and 205ers that weren't very good strikers. The only wins in his UFC career that I find remotely impressive are Franklin (2x) and Belfort. And now looking back, he may have been using PED's the entire time. GOAT? I think not.

I used to get crushed for saying that on the other site.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015

Anderson's legacy for sure could be tarnished by the test results but when you go through his opponents most of them were probably on something as well. I agree with you in a way about him having some soft fights but Henderson is a great win and although he took a beating and Chael has been tri-angled 10 times you have to give him credit there.

He has a few good wins before the UFC, Newton and Sakurai were top ranked fighters when he beat them and he flat lined Carlos.

He is not the best ever for me but he is right there even if his overall list of opposition isn't up to top standard all the way, when he faced someone who didn't belong in there with him he either destroys them in ridiculous fashion or they run away scared.

Bluesville

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Pitbull3744;n24644 said:
How about this gem
Ben Admits it Carl Lewis talks shit and then...

[video=youtube;mUiq9pcKmRM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUiq9pcKmRM[/video]

Fucking hell. Nuts.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Forgot Hendo. Way to keep me in check Suicidal. Ok, 4 wins that I find remotely impressive.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
I Wild Each It;n24677 said:
Forgot Hendo. Way to keep me in check Suicidal. Ok, 4 wins that I find remotely impressive.

Haha what about Leben does he get in? I kind of agree with you anyway man, UFC always seem to have a lets keep this gravy train running approach to their popular champs. There are a good few fights in there that are stupid and there were plenty of LHWs that would have been a better test than Griffin and Bonnar. He did fight who was put in front of him though, can't fault him for that.

I am not that big a fan of his to be honest and all this PED test failures aren't helping his case.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015

He beat the best there was on offer at Middleweight, just like Fedor did at heavyweight. Don't get caught in the retroactively changing history problem that many fans do. His run is very impressive, despite some of the weaker challengers like Leites(at the time) and Cote.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Zeph;n24700 said:
He beat the best there was on offer at Middleweight, just like Fedor did at heavyweight. Don't get caught in the retroactively changing history problem that many fans do. His run is very impressive, despite some of the weaker challengers like Leites(at the time) and Cote.
I gotta agree with you on this. Also its really nice to see people not calling each other fucking idiots, or picking apart gramatical errors when they dont agree.