General Steak marinade recipes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Alright you silly fucks...
The wife and I have bought a cow the last two years, and for most of that time I would only soak in red wine and season with salt and pepper. It wasn’t until recently that I started messing around trying to make marinades. I cooked a skirt steak last night that as used a soy sauce/brown sugar/garlic marinade and it came out really good. Maybe the best steak I’ve had in a while. Had it sit in the fridge over night and then cooked it in the late afternoon. Perfection. How are y’all marinading you’re meat?

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Alright you silly fucks...
The wife and I have bought a cow the last two years, and for most of that time I would only soak in red wine and season with salt and pepper. It wasn’t until recently that I started messing around trying to make marinades. I cooked a skirt steak last night that as used a soy sauce/brown sugar/garlic marinade and it came out really good. Maybe the best steak I’ve had in a while. Had it sit in the fridge over night and then cooked it in the late afternoon. Perfection. How are y’all marinading you’re meat?
I never had a recipe. I typically just used whatever was available and made a bastard concoction and never had it turn out bad. Salt, pepper, or seasoning salt, mustard, beer, wine, anything spicy, minced garlic, etc... Any combination of those ingredients along with maybe a few extra spices and maybe some citrus at the end to finish it works out well. You can also use Tampico and spices to make pollo asado or carne asada. Tampico doesn't have a citrus level that cooks the meat, unlike true fruit juice, and once the meat comes off the grill, no one is the wiser that it was even used. Just adds a slight tang. Great for tacos, fajitas, or whatever.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I cooked a skirt steak last night

Made skirt steak....

Get some local raised cow. Take the skirt steak and trim off excess fat. It's a fatty cut. Don't worry too much!

Make a marinade. I like Alton Brown's but I add more pepper, more cumin, less sugar, more soy sauce.

Meat in the marinade...

Toss it in a bag and throw it in the fridge for an hour or more. I did almost three.

get a HOT grill going. If I had a better setup I'd even think about heating up the coals, knocking off the char, and cooking DIRECT ON THE COALS.

If not direct, get your grate real low so you're cooking HOT. This is a thin meat that will cook fast. 3-4 minutes each side max.

And done. Wrap in foil for 15 minutes.

Take out and put some lime on it...

Cut AGAINST the grain...

Looking good!!!

Put it back in the foil juices and toss around.

SERVE with a corona beer.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
How are y’all marinading you’re meat?

I make com bo luc lac pretty regularly too.
Take a look online. It's a great way to use sirloin.
Important to serve with salt/pepper/lime to dip

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
I make com bo luc lac pretty regularly too.
Take a look online. It's a great way to use sirloin.
Important to serve with salt/pepper/lime to dip

Dont listen to this man, he boils his steaks.

EVOO, kosher salt (@Lars Soros) and course ground pepper is all you need unless you are cooking shoe leather.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Empty a bottle of A1 into a large plastic zip bag.

Throw steak in same plastic zip bag.

Throw plastic zip bag with A1 and steak into a huge pot of boiling water.

Is that how you do it, Splinty @Splinty ?

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
I’m honestly surprised nobody has mentioned any “Special Sauce” for/from their “meat”.