Steak

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
No BBQ involved - season 15 mins before cooking. Make sure meat is near room temp before cooking (not straight out of fridge). Sear all apart from one side in a frying pan, finish in the oven at 210 degs for 9 mins. Easy as that

What kinda frying pan are you working with? Im working with a $12 coles number

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Get a good cast iron pan if you want to get a great hard sear on the outside. Nothing works quite as well.

Dry off the meat, season, hard sear on all sides, finish in oven to just below med-rare... Let rest... Enjoy your perfection.

I think I'm going to go cook one after seeing these tasty treats.

Thanks for giving me an excuse, guys!

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
What kinda frying pan are you working with? Im working with a $12 coles number
As long as it is metal, you are sweet.
Lets not put a pan in the oven that has a plastic handle.

Oh, and rest it after the oven (take it out if the pan onto a plate in a warm area) for 7 mins.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
As long as it is metal, you are sweet.
Lets not put a pan in the oven that has a plastic handle.

Oh, and rest it after the oven (take it out if the pan onto a plate in a warm area) for 7 mins.
Try not to hangi my hand in the oven by leaving it in there with the beef?

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
I think the oven step is what im missing cause the meat is quite cool in the center. Never gave a fuck about it because it still tastes okay. Thanks fellas

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
How is it not cold after resting for so long?
Core meat temp starts at room temp.
Hard sear in hot pan takes about 4 mins.
Cooks in oven for 9 mins at 210deg.
Rest in warm place (eg turn oven off, open the door, pull out the tray, pop steak on plate and sit it there to rest)
That's a lot of heat over 20 mins

leftlegcemetery

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
i usually get pissed when people post pictures of food. but i will look at pictures of all kinds of steak all day every day (as long as it's cooked medium rare)

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Break out the sous vide guys. My wife was away last week and I had ribeye for 3 days in a row

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Break out the sous vide guys. My wife was away last week and I had ribeye for 3 days in a row
Funny you mention it, I watched a youtube video on it this weekend. Im not sure Im a fan yet, when I do a steak I want to replicate what our ancestors did 60,000 years ago and eat charred bloody steak thats cooked on a fire.

I will try it for sure though, fucking look succulent but cooked weird.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Funny you mention it, I watched a youtube video on it this weekend. Im not sure Im a fan yet, when I do a steak I want to replicate what our ancestors did 60,000 years ago and eat charred bloody steak thats cooked on a fire.

I will try it for sure though, fucking look succulent but cooked weird.
Those ancestors didn't have cows.

Sous vide steak is incredible. I built one super cheap. I made a thread about it.