Steak

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
His steaks are all from here and he shops at woollies. I thought it a reasonable question, despite his screen name. They all come over here eventually anyway.
I was being serious, he lives here in Sydney like me. Fucking top bloke for a sheep shagger

Choads Grogan

Forum is cucked
Dec 14, 2016
I was being serious, he lives here in Sydney like me. Fucking top bloke for a sheep shagger
Oohhhh...I can't read.

I'll add a few pics of me own steak when I cook it later. I have to char the outside, I hate a soft edge. I like it pink and wet in the middle but.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Oohhhh...I can't read.

I'll add a few pics of me own steak when I cook it later. I have to char the outside, I hate a soft edge. I like it pink and wet in the middle but.
Cant wait, this is a killer thread, Kiwi is a gun steak chef, Leigh is a pom so boils his steak using some french faggotry contraption

I used to get some decent pics but the place we bought has electric cooking so my steaks are kinda not worthy of this thread but Ive now learned that thick cast iron + electric stove = gas cooking for steaks so once I get my indoor cast iron pan ill be ready to go

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
Holy shit you're single handedly holding up our beef industry. Are you in Australia? I thought I saw a Woollies logo and price stamp in one of your pics.
Yup Sydney based as Vutu says. Yeah you did see a Woolies label, and most of the steak I got from there was fine - usually whole eye fillets. I've upped my butcher game a bit now.
Tonight will be my first crack at charcoal.

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
@Ladyboy your thoughts on timing for 1kg?
Hard sear to start, then 45min on indirect?
Salt, pepper, garlic rub.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
@Ladyboy your thoughts on timing for 1kg?
Hard sear to start, then 45min on indirect?
Salt, pepper, garlic rub.
Depends on the heat level, your seasoning is perfect but if youre looking to roast it Id poke a bunch of slits in it with a steak knife and insert whole garlic cloves

Timing is about right, Im usually drinking while on the webs generally taste/butcher it as I go

Youre gonna need some of these IMO, maybe not today but when you want to up your game

Smoking - Cooking and Roasting - Barbeque Accessories - Accessories

Also dont buy those fire starter tin things, just cut the solid end out of a Milo tin, punch a lot of holes in the sides and youre good to go.

Lastly the weber can get MUCH hotter than a stove so easy on the hard sear until you get used to it or like me youll be eating well done steaks the first few times IME

Edit - I meant this variety pack Bradley Smoker Bisquettes - Variety Pack - Smoking - Cooking and Roasting - Barbeque Accessories - Accessories

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
geez nice cuts

I can turn anything nice, into my salt and pepper perfectly cooked goodness, but cuts like that can be off the hook tasty

I get flat Iron cut before me, and the price is cheap but the cut and taste is so good.

Did a Porterhouse High end steak on thanksgiving, and holy shit that was just 15/10 on the scale.

decent to excellent cuts just need salt, pepper, and perfect cooking(yes pink meat)

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Cant wait, this is a killer thread, Kiwi is a gun steak chef, Leigh is a pom so boils his steak using some french big meaniery contraption

I used to get some decent pics but the place we bought has electric cooking so my steaks are kinda not worthy of this thread but Ive now learned that thick cast iron + electric stove = gas cooking for steaks so once I get my indoor cast iron pan ill be ready to go
The jealousy is strong. By all means, continue over cooking the outside and undercooking the inside of your steaks.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Have a look at pics Ive posted here again. Let me know if there's any slivers of rare meat.
Yes! Your steak is raw in the middle and well done on the outside. Let's see it again:

Whereas mine is uniform:

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
It should be no surprise that a people who came up with names like bubble and squeak and bangers and mash don't get the terminologies rare, medium and well done.

A seared outter =/= well done ffs

Choads Grogan

Forum is cucked
Dec 14, 2016
It should be no surprise that a people who came up with names like bubble and squeak and bangers and mash don't get the terminologies rare, medium and well done.

A seared outter =/= well done ffs
When I was in Spain I noticed that Poms run their own restaurants over there to cater to tourist Poms. They give them good old fashioned dishes from the homeland such as "chips and eggs".

There's a whole industry based on feeding these geezers shit food while abroad!

Fucken CHIPS AND EGGS!!

Choads Grogan

Forum is cucked
Dec 14, 2016
Rib fillet bone in

and salad with the left overs.

And before a salad connoisseur jumps in, it's just leaf mix with jalapeños, I'm not a rabbit food man

Choads Grogan

Forum is cucked
Dec 14, 2016
Cant wait, this is a killer thread, Kiwi is a gun steak chef, Leigh is a pom so boils his steak using some french big meaniery contraption

Hit the meat again today for lunch. Woollies were expensive the cunts, so I grabbed a $10.99kg topside roast and prepped it like it was a rib fillet to trick my tastebuds. Decent/10.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Hit the meat again today for lunch. Woollies were expensive the cunts, so I grabbed a $10.99kg topside roast and prepped it like it was a rib fillet to trick my tastebuds. Decent/10.

Woolies and Coles have totally fucked up the meat industry. We only have ethnic butchers here now.