Stefan Struve has earned more in his UFC career than Henry Cejudo did

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Nik Lentz, Ross Pearson and Ed Herman - yes, Ed fucking Herman - have made more money than Dominick Cruz, Colby Covington, Valentina Shevchenko, Eddie Alvarez, Benson Henderson, Cody Garbrandt and (LOL) Nick Diaz.

Of course, this only refers to disclosed pay, but we can only deal in facts. Because the fact is, very few fighters get PPV points.

The second highest paid fighter of all time is Alistair Overeem. A guy who never held a belt. Cowboy is 9th. Demian Maia, Jim Miller, Derrick Lewis and Charles Oliveira have earned comparable amounts to many of the sport's biggest stars.

Firstly, this shows that who the MMA media think are 'stars' is often a load of shit.

MMA fans and media have this bizarre notion that fighters fighting once every two years in the middle of their athletic primes is 'smart'. It's not smart, it's fucking retarded. These are prizefighters and for most fighters, you have to fight more to earn more. The stats prove it.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Firstly, this shows that who the MMA media think are 'stars' is often a load of shit.
Yeah, like I want their opinion on anything not related to cupcakes, pocket protectors, morbid obesity, having never been laid....etc etc etc

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Anyone bored should look at the list. I killed plenty of time earlier scrolling through it thinking "oh shit I wonder what happened to that guy, I remember him" then looking up thier wiki pages. Fun times.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Nik Lentz, Ross Pearson and Ed Herman - yes, Ed fucking Herman - have made more money than Dominick Cruz, Colby Covington, Valentina Shevchenko, Eddie Alvarez, Benson Henderson, Cody Garbrandt and (LOL) Nick Diaz.

Of course, this only refers to disclosed pay, but we can only deal in facts. Because the fact is, very few fighters get PPV points.

That makes sense to me. The bigger guys move the needle more. The only one that is really surprising in Nick Diaz, but he fought so long ago he wasn't making the money today's fighters get.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

That makes sense to me. The bigger guys move the needle more. The only one that is really surprising in Nick Diaz, but he fought so long ago he wasn't making the money today's fighters get.
and he was extremely inactive in his return.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015

The second highest paid fighter of all time is Alistair Overeem. A guy who never held a belt. Cowboy is 9th. Demian Maia, Jim Miller, Derrick Lewis and Charles Oliveira have earned comparable amounts to many of the sport's biggest stars.

MMA fans and media have this bizarre notion that fighters fighting once every two years in the middle of their athletic primes is 'smart'. It's not smart, it's fucking retarded. These are prizefighters and for most fighters, you have to fight more to earn more. The stats prove it.
Career earnings mean FA in MMA. It would need to be broken down by average earnings per fight. Even then it would be somewhat flawed, but it'd be a little more honest.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Career earnings mean FA in MMA. It would need to be broken down by average earnings per fight. Even then it would be somewhat flawed, but it'd be a little more honest.
My dear autistic friend, this is one of those things that sounds smart in your head, but really isn't.

Literally my empirically validated point is that you have to fight more to earn more. This is not always true, but is mostly true. People have convinced themselves that only 'average earnings' matter. What mainly matters is a mix of average earnings but also how long you can sustain a career and keep getting paid.

Reem has a trade-off between being the 2nd highest earner and CTE. But Maia doesn't. He has been the 'boring', low-paid guy but because he has fought a long time, he has still made a lot more money than many 'exciting' 'stars'.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
My dear autistic friend, this is one of those things that sounds smart in your head, but really isn't.

Literally my empirically validated point is that you have to fight more to earn more. This is not always true, but is mostly true. People have convinced themselves that only 'average earnings' matter. What mainly matters is a mix of average earnings but also how long you can sustain a career and keep getting paid.

Reem has a trade-off between being the 2nd highest earner and CTE. But Maia doesn't. He has been the 'boring', low-paid guy but because he has fought a long time, he has still made a lot more money than many 'exciting' 'stars'.
Oh, I see. Based on the thread title and most of the OP I thought the thread was based on career earnings. Thank you for informing us that MMA fighters, like every other job in the world, have to work more to earn more.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Cejudo has a cousin who will dominate FeMMA I forget her name female wrestler. cejudo will probably make all his money doing like public speaking he seems to be that type of guy.