Stephane Patry: Georges St-Pierre is 'going to come back for one fight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015

As a fight promoter and manager, Stephane Patry has long been plugged in to the goings-on in the Montreal fight scene.

And as the UFC gets set to make it's return to to the city, Patry is convinced his most famous former client will step back into the Octagon one more time sooner or later.

The former manager of longtime welterweight star Georges St-Pierresaid on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour that he believes Montreal's favorite son will return for one more fight.

"Georges is going to come back for one fight," Patry said. "I can't say he's going to come back and go on a title run and do 10 fights, but I know for sure he's going to come back for one fight."

UFC president Dana White seemed discouraged that the longtime former champion will ever return after St-Pierre turned down an opportunity to fight at UFC 186. But Patry believes this was due to a combination of circumstances, including St-Pierre's knee injury and the lack of a compelling performance.

"It's one of those things where, Georges got injured, which is something that wasn't expected, and Anderson Silvagot caught with steroids, so I mean, there's a lot of things that have happened in the past few months that can change the scenario a little bit," Patry said. "But I know that Georges has the will, and he wants one more fight. He doesn't want to leave the sport with that fight with [Johny] Hendricks, I know that for a fact."

Stephane Patry: Georges St-Pierre is 'going to come back for one fight' - MMA Fighting

Last edited by a moderator:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Nice! Be interesting to see who's champ when he decides to do it. If it's Rory, then what?

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
i was hoping he would stay retired. He had a good run.

After his surgery he has gotten really slow. After an ACL tear athletes are never the same. And he had it on both legs.

A fight against Ben Askren @Ben Askren n could be fun if they do decide to do it.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Not enough time to hook up an Askren fight, unfortunately.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
GSP VS ANDERSON...4 Years too late but hey ill still watch..

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Now that Anderson's out of the picture, it's hard to imagine the UFC having anyone compelling enough to do a single superfight with.

Hendricks came close to beating him, but he's in contention limbo so I doubt he'd fight him. Rory is a no go. Fighting Robbie cockblocks Rory. He already fought Nick.

Who else is there that's worth it?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Now that Anderson's out of the picture, it's hard to imagine the UFC having anyone compelling enough to do a single superfight with.

Hendricks came close to beating him, but he's in contention limbo so I doubt he'd fight him. Rory is a no go. Fighting Robbie cockblocks Rory. He already fought Nick.

Who else is there that's worth it?
Condit? Not that I disagree with what you're saying. Just throwing names out there.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
I think Georges has nothing left to prove. Stepping away on top was the best move. He's gotten ton of money from UFC. Why come back rusty and risk getting tuned up? Sux cuz hes still young enough. Injuries tho.

What I'm trying to say is- He's done enough for me as a fan. Go out on top if you can. It really sucks watching legendary fighters get smoked because the young lion is more hungry and is faster.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Big GSP fan, but hope he stays retired. Not many people get the chance to go out on top. He should stay retired and avoid head trauma. If he gets the urge to compete, take a super fight at metamoris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Big GSP fan, but hope he stays retired. Not many people get the chance to go out on top. He should stay retired and avoid head trauma. If he gets the urge to compete, take a super fight at metamoris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep yep! Penn vs GSP in Metamoris or EBI...

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

wait a minute, this is his ex manager, not his current manager, this Patry just wants to stay relevant.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
All these guys with injuries but talent should put on metamoris super fights. I don't want him getting punched in the head, but love to see him in a different comp.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
The article hints that there's only one guy GSP would want to face, and that many feel his victory over Johny wasn't decisive.