Stephen Thompson v Darren Till: BBC (radio) to broadcast UFC fight live for first time

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

BBC Radio 5 live sports extra will broadcast live commentary of a UFC event for the first time when world number one welterweight Stephen Thompson takes on Briton Darren Till.

The UFC Fight Night show, starting at 18:00 BST on 27 May, will cover the main card from Liverpool's Echo Arena.

UFC Connected host Layla Anna-Lee will also bring you news from backstage.

Tickets for the fight between the American and Liverpudlian world number eight Till sold out within an hour.

The programme will be hosted by OJ Borg and Nick Peet, with commentator Malcolm Martin and former UFC fighter and fan favourite Brad Pickett also part of the coverage....

Source/more: Stephen Thompson v Darren Till: BBC to broadcast UFC fight live for first time

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I just don’t see how anyone’s going I listen unless they are working tbh

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'd like to see more of this. There's been many times I've been on the road or somewhere that didn't have a tv or wifi and wanted to keep up on the fights.

MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK wasn't there some play by play audio provided by some dude years ago for over seas fights?

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
I'd like to see more of this. There's been many times I've been on the road or somewhere that didn't have a tv or wifi and wanted to keep up on the fights.

MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK wasn't there some play by play audio provided by some dude years ago for over seas fights?
I vaguely remember something like this, perhaps it was early Pride. I grew up listening to boxing on the radio. Definitely hope this catches on.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I vaguely remember something like this, perhaps it was early Pride. I grew up listening to boxing on the radio. Definitely hope this catches on.
The only sports I remember listening to on the radio was hockey games. If the announcers are on point it can make for a great experience.