Sterling Plated Mike Perry Claims To Be Broke

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
UFC's Mike Perry says he's only got $6 in the bank despite fight check

Publishing an Instagram story that was captured by LowKick MMA and taken down hours later, Perry posted a graphic that showed him supposedly making $117,000 for the fight. Perry disagreed with the figure, saying “My a-- I didn’t make that much smh.”

In another post, Perry went into detail about how much money he claimed to make Saturday and how much he supposedly has now:

"58 to show

Uruguay took 17

Management and team 15%

Still got last years taxes

Nose job priceless

Money in the bank $6.00

400k fans on IG tho.”

So basically, Perry is saying he made $58,000 from the fight, with $17,000 going to Uruguayan taxes, 15 percent ($8,700) going to his management and fight team. That would still leave around $32,300, but that is now apparently going to cover Perry’s tax bill from last year.

Of course, the $6 line is quite interesting because Perry, who has had legal troubles in the past, has been making these kind of UFC checks for a while. Saturday was the 27-year-old’s 11th UFC event, and the fourth time he’s won a bonus check for Fight or Performance of the Night.

You have to wonder where all of that past revenue might have gone or how much Perry might be exaggerating his troubles, but he probably isn’t going into detail anytime soon.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I remember when some unwise posters on this very forum were riding hard on his coat tails - "next big thing" they said.
LMAO!

The guys nick name is "Platinum" - that tells you everything you need to know about his intellectual capabilities.

Someone should have advised him to change his nickname to 'Savings Account Mike Perry' or 'Term Deposit Mike Perry', and he wouldn't be in this situation now.

Last edited:

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Fucking taxes

A bunch of bullshit

I hope they have a double taxation agreement with the irritating repulsive shitcunts (irs)

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
I remember when some unwise posters on this very forum were riding hard on his coat tails - "next big thing" they said.
LMAO!

The guys nick name is "Platinum" - that tells you everything you need to know about his intellectual capabilities.

Somoen should have advised him to chang his nickname to 'Savings Account Mike Perry' or 'Term Deposit Mike Perry', and he wouldn't be in this situation now.
Whether you like him or not, one does not have to spend like crazy to be a broke UFC fighter.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Whether you like him or not, one does not have to spend like crazy to be a broke UFC fighter.
Well, he does spend like crazy, because he's had career earnings of over $650,000 and that was before his last fight...
A sensible person would at most have 50-60% of that after taxes & management fees to live on.
Maybe if he didn't buy grills and Gucci shoes, and actually paid his taxes, he wouldn't be in the mess he's in.

Last edited:

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Plenty before him got paid less and did a lot more with it.

I think he should be getting paid more all the same, but if he is that broke, its his own fault.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
platinum mike perry never gave me the impression that he wasnt broke and living in his car

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
what really sucks for him is this is it. he has maxed out. this is as good as his career will ever be. he has been fighting for a while now and it it pretty obvious that he is a journeyman and not a contender. he better get some financial advice and take it to heart because he might only have a few more fights left in him at the top level. he mangled that nose. cowboy fucked his arm up i would not be surprised to see perry in BKFC after another loss or two

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
what really sucks for him is this is it. he has maxed out. this is as good as his career will ever be. he has been fighting for a while now and it it pretty obvious that he is a journeyman and not a contender. he better get some financial advice and take it to heart because he might only have a few more fights left in him at the top level. he mangled that nose. cowboy fucked his arm up i would not be surprised to see perry in BKFC after another loss or two
He tried to branch out and went to Jackson/Wink and has already bailed. Learning and discipline isn't for him. He's going to stay broke and continue to get pieced up as long as he refuses to change anything.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
He tried to branch out and went to Jackson/Wink and has already bailed. Learning and discipline isn't for him. He's going to stay broke and continue to get pieced up as long as he refuses to change anything.
its hard to feel bad for him for not progressing when he uses his gf for a manager,cornerman and sparring partner.at this level he needs real representation,real intelligent advice during a fight ,and actual training partners who can challenge him and force him to grow

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
its hard to feel bad for him for not progressing when he uses his gf for a manager,cornerman and sparring partner.at this level he needs real representation,real intelligent advice during a fight ,and actual training partners who can challenge him and force him to grow
While I can't disagree with most of your post, I know for a fact that the Platinum Princess does not coach him during his training camp. But with that said, I do think he involves her a bit too much (especially in his corner). It's similar to the Sam Alvey situation where it seems like his wife is a part of everything and while in theory that seems endearing and inclusive, I do think it gets in the way of evolution and growth.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
While I can't disagree with most of your post, I know for a fact that the Platinum Princess does not coach him during his training camp. But with that said, I do think he involves her a bit too much (especially in his corner). It's similar to the Sam Alvey situation where it seems like his wife is a part of everything and while in theory that seems endearing and inclusive, I do think it gets in the way of evolution and growth.
sam alvey or roy nelsons wives may actually be able to manage their careers to a certain level. the platinum princess couldnt manage a shoe store. when she is yelling out break his leg mike during a fight it isnt really helping. mike needs someone giving him technical advice .it isnt exactly like they have a stable relationship either.the break up every couple months and mike is broke and living in his car again.that has to be mentally draining. it is a dumb situation but it is a situation of his own creation and mike doesnt exactly come across as the most intelligent guy on the roster

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
sam alvey or roy nelsons wives may actually be able to manage their careers to a certain level. the platinum princess couldnt manage a shoe store. when she is yelling out break his leg mike during a fight it isnt really helping. mike needs someone giving him technical advice .it isnt exactly like they have a stable relationship either.the break up every couple months and mike is broke and living in his car again.that has to be mentally draining. it is a dumb situation but it is a situation of his own creation and mike doesnt exactly come across as the most intelligent guy on the roster
I don't how much I believe that he's broke. He does YT videos every so often with her and they don't look like they're living in a car lol. I'm guessing he's pocketed a few 100k from his last few fights and ever since they got back together he's rarely if ever doing the old BS he used to when he first "made it big".

I know I sound like I'm defending him but I think this is a case of comments taken way out of proportion or he's trolling a bit. The dude isn't poor. Maybe he didn't make as much as he usually does because of the nose thing but he definitely doesn't have only 6 bucks in the bank. Now I'm not saying he won't do something to make me put my foot in my mouth one day but at the moment he seems to have learned more than Conor has in regards to fucking off with money or being an all around dick.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I also have doubts that he’s down to $6. He likely overstated his financial problems. That said, if he is that broke it’s hard to feel sorry for him. He has made way more than the average person during the past few years. If he’s broke it’s because he spent unwisely or sucked it up his nose. While he may not have made enough to last a lifetime, he made more than enough for a comfortable living at this time. These guys live like rockstars instead of living in moderation. I know people who work hard in factories or other blue collar jobs. I don’t feel sorry for them when they take their whole check and blow it at the strip club trying to bang whores. Same principle on a bigger scale.

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
He’s definitely a ‘nigga rich’ kinda guy like Cowboy Cerrone. No matter how much he makes, he’s gonna spend it with no thought of the future.