Sting Retires?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Sting Reportedly Will Retire from Wrestling Following Neck Injury

After suffering a neck injury in a match against Seth Rollins at WWE Night of Champions last September, wrestling legend Sting is reportedly ready to call it quits.

According to TMZ Sports, doctors told the 56-year-old member of WWE's 2016 Hall of Fame class that resuming his in-ring career would be "too risky." While Sting has yet to make an official announcement, it is believed that he has competed in his final match.

Report: Sting to Retire from Wrestling

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Fuck HHH for having to take his turn first before setting up Taker v Sting. That should have been match #1 for him.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Fuck HHH for having to take his turn first before setting up Taker v Sting. That should have been match #1 for him.
It deeply saddens me that Sting will never get the respect he deserves because they decided to book him as a 2 time loser. It's a nice gesture to have him in the HOF (and he deserves to be there) but what he did in his prime is regularly buried because of WWE's revisionist history.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It deeply saddens me that Sting will never get the respect he deserves because they decided to book him as a 2 time loser. It's a nice gesture to have him in the HOF (and he deserves to be there) but what he did in his prime is regularly buried because of WWE's revisionist history.
I'm guessing their intentions were to have him work his way up and "earn" his WM moment with Taker. But then the injury killed that plan and they bring in Shane O'Mac to cover.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I'm guessing their intentions were to have him work his way up and "earn" his WM moment with Taker. But then the injury killed that plan and they bring in Shane O'Mac to cover.
You're probably right. Having said that, there are a lot of guys not well enough to wrestle that still do run ins.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
You're probably right. Having said that, there are a lot of guys not well enough to wrestle that still do run ins.
I guess that's the best we can hope for. It's not like he was wrestling super intricate matches anyway. Just should have never thrown the guy up in the air backward into the turnbuckle like he was 30-year-old.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
This is on Vince and no one else, I bet he just smirked and said something like "Well there you go, never was any good, now I don't have to worry about h is stupid WCW fans. I BEAT THEM! REMEMBER? ME VINCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Typical WWE.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
This is on Vince and no one else, I bet he just smirked and said something like "Well there you go, never was any good, now I don't have to worry about h is stupid WCW fans. I BEAT THEM! REMEMBER? ME VINCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Typical WWE.
“We didn’t get anything done at the rehearsal the night before, so WrestleMania day, there were tents in the parking lot set up with rings for rehearsal. So we’re all in there again, and I’m next to Hulk on the ring apron, and Triple H is going over the match and then he goes, ‘OK, he’ll break the sledgehammer, and then I’ll hit him with the sledgehammer, and cover him, 1-2-3.’

“I looked at Hulk, and Hulk looked at me, and I was thinking, ‘Sting, what kind of lawyer do you have, bro? You’re coming in the door doing a job? You weren’t even guaranteed to go over?’ That’s Vince just reminding you who won, even if he’s going to make money the other way.”

- Scott Hall

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
“We didn’t get anything done at the rehearsal the night before, so WrestleMania day, there were tents in the parking lot set up with rings for rehearsal. So we’re all in there again, and I’m next to Hulk on the ring apron, and Triple H is going over the match and then he goes, ‘OK, he’ll break the sledgehammer, and then I’ll hit him with the sledgehammer, and cover him, 1-2-3.’

“I looked at Hulk, and Hulk looked at me, and I was thinking, ‘Sting, what kind of lawyer do you have, bro? You’re coming in the door doing a job? You weren’t even guaranteed to go over?’ That’s Vince just reminding you who won, even if he’s going to make money the other way.”

- Scott Hall
Yeah I know I was pissed when I read that.

Vince will never change and that's why he is no longer among the elite wealthy.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It's hilarious how much more accurate that pipe bomb promo becomes, the more time passes.
Yeah it has been painfully obvious for years that Vince values control even higher than money.

I think he ultimately has a very warped view of what saved his company and thinks as long as he is in control and buys up threats all will be well and he's better off than trying to innovate.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Yeah it has been painfully obvious for years that Vince values control even higher than money.

I think he ultimately has a very warped view of what saved his company and thinks as long as he in control and buys up threats all will be well and he's better off than trying to innovate.
He also assumes that because he has the opportunity to rewrite history, that it makes his rewrites true.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
Sad they played a stupid game there was no need to have DX vs NWO. That had nothing to do with the story. I do believe Sting would have gone over though later down the line so it is a tad unfortunate. He belongs in the hall of fame and if Edge can do the odd bit then Sting can its a similar injury I believe.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Sad they played a stupid game there was no need to have DX vs NWO. That had nothing to do with the story. I do believe Sting would have gone over though later down the line so it is a tad unfortunate. He belongs in the hall of fame and if Edge can do the odd bit then Sting can its a similar injury I believe.
Edge hasn't really done much other than that whole Seth standing on his neck thing, has he? Kinda like Bret Hart. When they're that limited, it's almost better they don't get involved.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
I guess that's the best we can hope for. It's not like he was wrestling super intricate matches anyway. Just should have never thrown the guy up in the air backward into the turnbuckle like he was 30-year-old.
It was too much weight for little Rollins...

save that for the power wrestler's bro...stick the to super kick's.

Nemo?

Dec 2, 2015
Who is that? And where do I watch?
That's Ricochet in the indie's and AKA Prince Puma in Lucha Underground.

Doesn't get any better IMO.

Check my post in 5 star matches...thats a clip from the match I posted(technically its a 4.75 but fuck you its a 5)

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
That's Ricochet in the indie's and AKA Prince Puma in Lucha Underground.

Doesn't get any better IMO.

Check my post in 5 star matches...thats a clip from the match I posted(technically its a 4.75 but fuck you its a 5)
Okay. Matt Striker or not, I'm forcing myself to watch LU.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
This is just to kill rumors of Sting an Taker. Sting will show up and help Shane. Costing Vince and Taker to lose. The crowd loses their minds and Sting sets up him and Taker rivalry for months to come.

Or I hope so.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
He's 56, he should have retired a while ago.

I don't think you can blame Rollins for injuring a guy pushing 60. His body just wasn't up for the task anymore.

Nemo?

Dec 2, 2015
He's 56, he should have retired a while ago.

I don't think you can blame Rollins for injuring a guy pushing 60. His body just wasn't up for the task anymore.
Watching the video of the injury...you can see he was struggling to lift and drop....He couldnt help but throw him