Stipe asks for rematch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I read the earliest DC/Lesnar happens would be January, and considering Daniel will be almost 40 by then, he may walk away after the big Lesnar payday.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I read the earliest DC/Lesnar happens would be January, and considering Daniel will be almost 40 by then, he may walk away after the big Lesnar payday.
I’m sure that stipe realizes that too (if he was fighting lesnar than he would be giddy with the money he would be guaranteed to make) but asking doesn’t hurt.

Last edited:

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Problem for Stipe is he wasn't a big drawing champ and he lost in devastating, convincing fashion, so nobody is going to beat down the doors for an immediate rematch. Plus we have guys like Blaydes and Volkov who are ready to jump right into a title fight, so it's not like they have to make a Stipe rematch due to not having any other real challengers.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I think Stipe deserves a rematch (who else at HW is there right now, besides Blaydes), but I can understand the business side of this too....for both DC and the UFC. Lesnar vs DC will be a huge event. Huge.

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
He is the most deserving I think but it’s obviously not going to happen.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Getting starched by an overweight, fried chicken fueled Gary Coleman doesnt deserve an immediate rematch imo. I have mad respect for Stipe, but let's be honest here. Fight Blaydes, Lewis, or Francis, win, then you get your rematch.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Getting starched by an overweight, fried chicken fueled Gary Coleman doesnt deserve an immediate rematch imo. I have mad respect for Stipe, but let's be honest here. Fight Blaydes, Lewis, or Francis, win, then you get your rematch.
VOLKOV is on the list

yuushi

Apr 5, 2018
He should get an immedite rematch.

He's defended the HW title more than any other UFC HW.

But since he and DW had some beef before, doubtful that that happens.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
He should get an immedite rematch.

He's defended the HW title more than any other UFC HW.

But since he and DW had some beef before, doubtful that that happens.
Hi yuushi. Nice to see you here.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
No way an immediate rematch should be considered after a first round ko. Stipe needs a contender fight against Blaydes or Volkov and DC needs a new opponent. I can't understand why rematches get brought up like this, smh.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
And congrats on your birds winning the super bowl. The philly special was the ballsiest call since new Orleans(?) started the second have with an onside kick.

yuushi

Apr 5, 2018
And congrats on your birds winning the super bowl. The philly special was the ballsiest call since new Orleans(?) started the second have with an onside kick.
I can't get enough of that play.

"You want Philly Philly?"

That'll be on every top 10 Super Bowl plays list ever!

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Stipe deserves a rematch down the road after he gets a win and cormier defends the belt once.shit maybe brock wins and the rematch wont matter.stipe can get his own money fight

M

member 603

HW is so thin, that in a fight or two you could be back in the title mix...... Volkov or Blaydes may be the only logical fights for Stipe to take, and if he wins, throw him back in a title fight.

jason73 @jason73 is correct too, if Brock beats DC, I can see the UFC doing Brock/Stipe.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
It can't hurt to try, but it's looking like DC has a maximum of two fights left before retiring, and we already know Lesnar's one of them. Initially, I thought Jon Jones would be the other fight, but his issues with USADA still aren't resolved, and DC broke his hand again, so it makes the possibility of a quick turn around in 2018 less likely. If Shogun actually got a title shot at 205, I'd be stoked for him, but I'd rather see Gus win the interim belt, then move up to heavyweight and challenge DC. He was always the most dangerous opponent, other than Jones, for DC.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
It can't hurt to try, but it's looking like DC has a maximum of two fights left before retiring, and we already know Lesnar's one of them. Initially, I thought Jon Jones would be the other fight, but his issues with USADA still aren't resolved, and DC broke his hand again, so it makes the possibility of a quick turn around in 2018 less likely. If Shogun actually got a title shot at 205, I'd be stoked for him, but I'd rather see Gus win the interim belt, then move up to heavyweight and challenge DC. He was always the most dangerous opponent, other than Jones, for DC.
I'd rather never see an interim belt. Defend it or give it up if you want to go coach on TUF. If you're really the champ you can get it back after being on a horseshit faux reality show.