Stipe/Jon Jones fight in discussions?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018
That's what Chael Sonnen said he's heard. I know. I know. You can't believe what Uncle Chael says. Look at me, I started a thread based on something so speculative. I'm a FOOL! However, Chael said he heard it from Ariel, although Ariel has not put the word out publicly.

Anyway, who would you take if the fight actually happens?

According to current Bellator fighter and ESPN analyst Chael Sonnen, ESPN reporter Ariel Helwani has caught wind of a potential fight between reigning UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and former heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic. While Helwani has yet to break the news of this matchup himself, Sonnen claims the veteran reporter has spilled the beans to him.

“When Ariel says he is ‘hearing talks’, Ariel knows,” Sonnen said on his YouTube channel (via Pundit Arena). “Ariel is a journalist – he does not speculate, he says I’m hearing that both parties have agreed – or that both parties are interested, rather.

“Now listen to this one. Listen to what Ariel said. Jon Jones, at heavyweight, versus – and I know you’re all going to think I’ll say Daniel Cormier or Brock Lesnar, I’m not.

“Jon Jones versus Stipe Miocic. Woah! That got my attention. Really?

Report | Chael Sonnen claims Jon Jones vs. Stipe Miocic fight could be in the works | BJPenn.com

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Figures.
Cormier gives Juicy Jones the blueprint for beating Stipe, then cheque-drops his way to success.
What a pussy.

He reminds me of the kid on the playground who stands in line to beat up the kid that just got beat up.
But also has a knife in his back pocket just in case.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018
Figures.
Cormier gives Juicy Jones the blueprint for beating Stipe, then cheque-drops his way to success.
What a pussy.

He reminds me of the kid on the playground who stands in line to beat up the kid that just got beat up.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Figures.
What a pussy.

Jones whoop cormiers ass and made him cry.

Twice

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Figures.
What a pussy.

You are better than this.

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
Anything he can do to steal some of Cormier's shine, it's burning him up the success DC has achieved while he was suspended and his legacy tarnished

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
Figures.
What a pussy.

I repeat myself , Jones doesn't have ko power in his hands. He may think he can do the same , but it can turn out completely opposite.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Stipe might KO him

Would like to see Reem vs Jones personally

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
they're buddies
allegedly...at least they are in different camps now

I just want a HW with decent reach to fight Jon...Stipe looks like he has short arms for such a large guy

I think Jones tasted Reem's power in camp and that is part of the reason he prefers to fight the LHWs

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Chael is usually right with his info regarding fights/ rumours and they may use him to get the word out to get a feel for the interest level

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
allegedly...at least they are in different camps now

I just want a HW with decent reach to fight Jon...Stipe looks like he has short arms for such a large guy

I think Jones tasted Reem's power in camp and that is part of the reason he prefers to fight the LHWs
They are listed at the same height 6' 4", but Stipe's reach is listed at 80" with Jones' at 84.5".

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I may not respect Jon the man, but I sure as hell respect the balls he would have to have his first HW fight be against Stipe.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Figures.
What a pussy.

Stipe is obviously susceptible to eye-pokes, bet the farm on Juicy Jon

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Chael is usually right with his info regarding fights/ rumours and they may use him to get the word out to get a feel for the interest level
could also be letting some rumors slip through reliable channels to indicate to Conor that they'll get by without him.