VID Stipe Miocic is thinking about a UFC heavyweight title shot 24/7

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-IV8h9I2ug

Stipe Miocic is one of two men UFC President Dana White says is the next challenger for the UFC heavyweight title.

Miocic (13-2 MMA, 7-2 UFC) believes that he, not Andrei Arlovski (24-10 MMA, 13-4 UFC), should be the man to face newly crowned champion Fabricio Werdum (20-5-1 MMA, 8-2 UFC). In fact, it’s all he’s thinking about these days.

“(I think about it) 24/7,” Miocic told MMAjunkie this past weekend while in Scotland as a UFC Fight Night 72 guest fighter. “I mean, I don’t let it hinder my day-to-day life. It does drive me nuts, but I’m still going to do what I do. But I want that shot.

“Listen, man. It’s all business. They’ve got a lot going on after the fight with the (UFC featherweight champion Jose) Aldo injury. They’ve got a lot going on. ‘International Fight Week,’ I mean, there’s always something going on, but it got a little crazy here for a couple weeks.”

Miocic, who’s ranked No. 4 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA heavyweight rankings, has won four of his past five bouts, most recently putting a prolonged beating on Mark Hunt in UFC Fight Night 65’s main event. His lone loss in that span was to former champion Junior Dos Santos.

White said that Dos Santos would’ve been the choice for the next title shot, but injuries will prevent him from taking the fight with Werdum, who won the title from Cain Velasquez at UFC 188. The opening is there for Miocic, and he said he’s ready to take it.

“Listen, I’m ready,” Miocic said. “They know I’m ready. I fought the best in the world. I beat the best in the world. I think I’m the most deserving out of everyone.”

LINK to full story: Stipe Miocic is thinking about a UFC heavyweight title shot 24/7 | MMAjunkie