STOPPAGES are better without a crowd!! COVID shutdown =better refs?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Guerrilla

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
clearly stoppages are getting better without the crowd pressure

They're really starting to let the fighters have a chance to recover and fight back from early adversity

the Ovareem comeback confirms it for me

That fight certainly would have been stopped with the crowd "enhancing" the refs urgency

Ovareem's incredible comback would NEVER have happened without the covid lockdown

View: https://youtu.be/ijSVCnvRa0E

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
You’re picking from a very small sample size. The refs generally suck and that‘ll come back to Light when we get back to the regular mma schedule. There are hundreds of mma fights that are the equivalent of Reem vs Walt that happened in sold out arenas.

Guerrilla

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
You’re picking from a very small sample size. The refs generally suck and that‘ll come back to Light when we get back to the regular mma schedule. There are hundreds of mma fights that are the equivalent of Reem vs Walt that happened in sold out arenas.
I've been calling the UFC "knockdown" MMA for some time

There's clearly a big difference in crowdless UFC proving how much an impact they have on stoppages and judging

What a curious experiment

I stopped PPV UFC because of judging/ref stoppages

Guerrilla

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
Reem comeback was epic no doubt
Yeah...we havent seen that kind of fight in years!

What a shame the UFC snowflaked into "knockdown MMA"

I would allow refs to "hault" a fight and check on an athlete and if he can respond to instruction let them fight on!

As a boxing/muaythai enthusiast from the 70ties/80ties its truly HILARIOUS how quick they jump in nowadays

Too much corruption potentials of quick ref stoppages

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
I've been calling the UFC "knockdown" MMA for some time

There's clearly a big difference in crowdless UFC proving how much an impact they have on stoppages and judging

What a curious experiment

I stopped PPV UFC because of judging/ref stoppages
now you’ve lost me
Judges? They’ve been as bad if not worse than ever without crowds.

Guerrilla

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
now you’ve lost me
Judges? They’ve been as bad if not worse than ever without crowds.
Yeah I cant really prove the judging is better

after ufc Huston (when jon jones and Derrick lewis recieved "WINS") after being soundly beaten in the cage ANYTHING is an improvement

There was another fight on that card rumored to have been one of the worst decisions in UFC history however I haven't seen it

Either way we can all agree that the stoppages are WAY more rational even tho the judging is still highly suspect

as someone that was involved with boxing/muaythai well before the UFC it is highly entertaining to see the evolution of the sport all the way into the gambling pressure corruption

There was a golden era for the UFC prior to shedog and gambling

Pride really kept them honest

Guerrilla

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
Guerrilla @Guerrilla can you ease up on the uppercase thing? It makes your posts seem angry and/or kinda obnoxious.
MMA forums tend to be obnoxious places and it absolutely gets more responses

its hard to stop using such an effective technique

I really enjoy the psychological aspects of forum communication and hope to elicit intelligent debates

This is a great place but its a bit underpopulated so that kind of thing stands out more

you have anything to say in reference to the psychological pressure a crowd puts on a referee and how that relates to MMA stoppages durring this unprecedented time in MMA history

you certainly notice a trend of less "protective" stoppages?

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
you have anything to say in reference to the psychological pressure a crowd puts on a referee and how that relates to MMA stoppages durring this unprecedented time in MMA history

you certainly notice a trend of less "protective" stoppages?
I can't say I have had an eye on it. I doubt the statements in your op, saying it would have never happened with a crowd there is kinda meh. You can't know that, but that goes without saying, so I didn't need to say it.

The sample size is also very small. Maybe asking actual refs could give insight to that.

I have no doubt that refs are influenced by circumstances as well, but that doesn't prove anything regarding those decisions. It's also kinda a moot point since the crowds will be coming back and really belong to sports like these.

Guerrilla

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
I can't say I have had an eye on it. I doubt the statements in your op, saying it would have never happened with a crowd there is kinda meh. You can't know that, but that goes without saying, so I didn't need to say it.

The sample size is also very small. Maybe asking actual refs could give insight to that.

I have no doubt that refs are influenced by circumstances as well, but that doesn't prove anything regarding those decisions. It's also kinda a moot point since the crowds will be coming back and really belong to sports like these.
I think its obvious that without a crowd the refs are less likley to knee-jerk and stop a fight too early

I stopped ppv knockdown MMA sometime ago...its just lame

Ref should hault the fight for a moment to check the condition of the downed fighter

stopping a fight because sombody got rocked is snowflake MMA

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I think its obvious that without a crowd the refs are less likley to knee-jerk and stop a fight too early

I stopped ppv knockdown MMA sometime ago...its just lame

Ref should hault the fight for a moment to check the condition of the downed fighter

stopping a fight because sombody got rocked is snowflake MMA
So if someone gets knocked to the ground you think the ref should halt the fight to check he's okay? The guy might be fine. The guy who threw the punch doesn't get chance to follow up and put him away tho.

Guerrilla

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
So if someone gets knocked to the ground you think the ref should halt the fight to check he's okay? The guy might be fine. The guy who threw the punch doesn't get chance to follow up and put him away tho.
Just like they used to have in boxing and just like they still have in Muay Thai a protection count is a techniques or a tool the referee can use to check if a fighter is able to continue

the World Heavyweight Champion who trained me in kickboxing always used to say "if you're really rocked a few seconds won't make a difference" and since it would be applied to both Fighters fairly it would be a useful tool to stop knee-jerk reactions ruining great fights

PS did you get a change in your prescription it's almost as if you're Ritalin kicked in...you asked a intelligent question (sort of) without any man teasing whatsoever

perhaps this account has been hacked?

Guerrilla

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
One of the best examples I can find of a knee-jerk stoppage ruining what would likely have been a great fight is Kimbo Slice vs. Seth petruzelli I fully believe that Kimbo Slice would have likely come up off the canvas and beat Seth into a bloody pulp had he had the opportunity to recover from The Flash knockdown he incurred

View: https://youtu.be/1R2mu4fw6i8

for those of us with Decades of Prior real fight experience before MMA existed it was pretty obvious that a lot of guys won fights after they had been knocked down but not out

In fact some Fighters were even famous for it like Randall Tex Cobb

Professional fighters literally hit Randall with everything they had and even though he occasionally was knocked silly he was never once in his professional career stopped by a punch and oftentimes came back to win the fight in phenomenally entertaining fashion although he usually came up short against world-class competition

View: https://youtu.be/A9gZq0Z6YkM

Today's snowflake MMA stoppages are largely a result of ignorance and fear of injury

Watching the evolution of the sport it's clear they went from not enough stoppages to far too many

Hopefully the pendulum will swing back to a rational stoppage protocol

Clearly the lack of a crowd is helping
And once the MMA World realizes that people aren't being killed buy these deadly 4oz gloves they will hopefully back off and let the fighters fight

Guerrilla

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
He actually is a smart guy.
Yeah?

there's a lot of weird freaks that troll manly places looking for manly men to mantease who are extremely intelligent

That's the first post he has ever put on one of my threads that wasn't clearly designed simply to tease