General stories from you military experience ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
after training (A school) we got to pick our jobs. there were 30 students and 30 jobs.

#1 student (me) got first choice.

i was going to pick the USS vincennes. a new type of cruiser to the navy.

at the very last moment, they offered a "staff" job, i took that and worked for commander third fleet, a 3 star admiral

#2 in class was my friend, he picked the vincennes, and he was on the bridge when the vincennes accidentally shot down an iranian civil airliner.

he told me that they had been under attack in the hours before the shoot down

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
working for a 3 star admiral was great.

one time we were watching a live missile test fire.
ship was at battle stations, which meant i got to be on the admirals bridge

drone was flying. ( a towed old plane)

the missle shot from an other ship
went up
then u-turned and headed towards us

self destruct button saved us

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
i know how to use a sextant
No you don't.
And before you say "Yeah huh" please know I will respond with "Show your work with 3 readings, list the celestial bodies you used along with the angles calculated and time of day."

I'll need that to check your work.
And I promise not to send a scud missile your way after I use your readings to pinpoint your exact location on earth.

I am not a Navy man - but I am schooled in the use of a sextant. (My grandpa was a Hellcat test pilot during ww2 and he taught me)

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
No you don't.
And before you say "Yeah huh" please know I will respond with "Show your work with 3 readings, list the celestial bodies you used along with the angles calculated and time of day."

I'll need that to check your work.
And I promise not to send a scud missile your way after I use your readings to pinpoint your exact location on earth.

I am not a Navy man - but I am schooled in the use of a sextant. (My grandpa was a Hellcat test pilot during ww2 and he taught me)
its 30 years later, i dont have a sextant with me in china.

my rate in the navy was qm, which means navigator

if you think they didnt train us with a sextant, not sure what to say

GO BIG RED!!!

last 100
Oct 17, 2015
i wasnt. but i worked with alot of dudes that were. i had a guy tell me a story and i had nightmares for a long time. i told that cock sucker next time to keep that shit to himself.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
its 30 years later, i dont have a sextant with me in china.

my rate in the navy was qm, which means navigator

if you think they didnt train us with a sextant, not sure what to say
I was just fucking with ya.
Sextant is an awesome tool and crazy that they used them back in the 1700s. Smart mother fuckers.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I planned to join the Navy. I went to a meeting with two friends. Back then they offered some type of a "buddy system", I can't remember exactly what it was called. I think it just meant we would go to boot camp together. Anyway, I found a job in the factory and decided to go that route instead. I have always regretted that decision. I worked at the factory for a couple years and worked my way into a really good position. Of course the factory closed around my 3rd year. I couldn't get a comparable job, so I went to college. If I hadn't been such a pussy, I could've seen the world with the Navy and then had my college paid for. Instead, I paid on student loans for 20 years.

GO BIG RED!!!

last 100
Oct 17, 2015
i only heard my dad speak about vietnam 1 time. we had been out hunting and my dads friend was putting mustard from 1 of those little packets on a sandwich. my dad says when i was in vietnam guys would have their family send those over cuz when you were sitting in the rice paddy leaches would be crawling on you. and when they got to your neck or face you would smear that mustard on them. he said you would move in slow motion so you didnt let them know you were out there. he teared up a bit and left. never heard him talk about that place ever again.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
When I was in Army basic training in 1985, I saw a guy snort a fat line of Copenhagen a couple inches long. To this day, it was the funniest thing I have ever seen. His eye started gushing tears and the side of his face turned bright red. We were dying watching him.

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
navy boot camp.

not hard if you were in half-way decent shape. it was mostly about following orders and not making any issues.
just shut the fcuk up.

we did pushups all the time, and ran at a slow pace

had one guy die of heart issues

the guy under my bunk got a sock party

between boot camp and the start of my training, i had a month off

the strippers in orlando trained me how to treat strippers

and the in between boot camp/training navy girls taught me how to be a freak

ManDingo

Your Mother’s Lover
Dec 10, 2021
navy boot camp.

not hard if you were in half-way decent shape. it was mostly about following orders and not making any issues.
just shut the fcuk up.

we did pushups all the time, and ran at a slow pace

had one guy die of heart issues

the guy under my bunk got a sock party

between boot camp and the start of my training, i had a month off

the strippers in orlando trained me how to treat strippers

and the in between boot camp/training navy girls taught me how to be a freak
Where at???
Theres a training center not far from me

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
was in the Marines, our platoon's nick name was the "dirty third" and one time we had a drug test, so many people popped from our platoon. even my team leader popped for meth.

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
a test, practice run

ship battle stations.

i am on the admirals bridge.

a black helicopter appeared, then hovers above the bow.

i couldn't hear it. no sound a 100 feet away

6 (?) guys repealed down.

they took out everyone within in minutes.

they were on the admirals bridge in no time

ManDingo

Your Mother’s Lover
Dec 10, 2021
a test, practice run

ship battle stations.

461065DD-12DE-4BF6-9481-66E9497779ED.gif

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
have no idea what that gif means
it's from Under Seige, where Gary Busey takes over a nuclear vessel and sells the weapons to terrorists.

Seagal fucks up the plan from his position as galley cook

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
a test, practice run

ship battle stations.

I did some "wolf pack" incursions on an Air Force base for Operational Readiness Inspection

All of the high level officers stayed in the same housing area in the middle of the base. I walked up to a Col's house with a folder with a TS cover sheet, showed my friend's ID (black guy, but I put my thumb over the pic) and surrendered my sidearm (an old Makarov). Guard gives me the motion to head in, so I walked a couple steps past him towards the door.

Then I turned around and said "can I gave my weapon back" and the guy handed it to me and I walked in the Col's house.

"Good Evening, sir" and hand him a card that states "You have been shot in the head and are dead"

Last edited: