Cinema Storyville

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I’ve just finished watching the documentary about Jim Jones.

To my chagrin I wasn’t au fait with what had actually happened.

It’s an amazing piece of Americana. And history.

this strand of documentaries are world class.

The OJ Simpson one is five episodes. And it isn’t really about him per se. It’s about America. Probably in the top 3 documentaries of all time imo,

There is a Lance Armstrong one as well, so many. Most are not American based. But if anyone wants a nod to a quality documentary. Try Storyville first.

you won’t regret it.

Wild @Wild Splinty @Splinty is there any chance you can add a TV to the headers above instead of lumping this in with cinema?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Seriously. I don’t want to see magnificent animals taken down by small cocked cowards.
That's an agenda that's pushed on emotion rather than reality. Seeing an elephant being killed makes me extremely uncomfortable, but when you see that the villagers are get both money and food from it, in addition to being ready to kill it anyways because it was destroying their crops it takes on a bit of a different life.

Personally I don't really have any interest in doing an African hunt, but it's pretty arrogant for people in North America or the U.K. to think it's okay to tell other people how to run their countries and manage their wildlife.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
That's an agenda that's pushed on emotion rather than reality. Seeing an elephant being killed makes me extremely uncomfortable, but when you see that the villagers are get both money and food from it, in addition to being ready to kill it anyways because it was destroying their crops it takes on a bit of a different life.

Personally I don't really have any interest in doing an African hunt, but it's pretty arrogant for people in North America or the U.K. to think it's okay to tell other people how to run their countries and manage their wildlife.

Well.

I think that's a very basic view.

Those elephants haven't changed their grazing areas for thousands of years.

I guess it comes down to who are the cleverer species to allow them to live their life?

They don't have our brains. They can't change.

But maybe we could?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Those elephants haven't changed their grazing areas for thousands of years.
Yes, they actually have. Wildlife consistently moves out of their normal areas and routines and into areas where agriculture takes place as its an easier place to find plentiful food. It's why North America has more whitetail deer today than it did at first European contact.

But maybe we could?
Not unless we want to start killing people.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Yes, they actually have. Wildlife consistently moves out of their normal areas and routines and into areas where agriculture takes place as its an easier place to find plentiful food. It's why North America has more whitetail deer today than it did at first European contact.

Not unless we want to start killing people.

Meh.

shooting animals for pleasure isn’t the answer

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
It makes you uncomfortable and you don't like it, or you disagree with it?

I find it repellent that little cocked men feel the need to shoot magnificent animals for 'fun' then use this ridiculous argument that it's for their own good.

If you wanted to shoot something shoot the poachers. Something that can shoot back.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I find it repellent that little cocked men feel the need to shoot magnificent animals for 'fun' then use this ridiculous argument that it's for their own good.

If you wanted to shoot something shoot the poachers. Something that can shoot back.
Oh, so you actually disagree with the facts? K.