Stranger Things

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Gonna give this a shot tonight. Will report back.
Made it through 4 episodes before my wife started falling asleep. I didn't want to get too many episodes ahead of her so I turned it off. Love it so far. The 80s feel is awesome. It definitely has a John Carpenter feel to it, and at times (and maybe this is just in my head) I felt hints to 80s movies like Goonies, Stand By Me and even The Breakfast Club (when they were running through the halls in the high school some of the shots felt purposefully duplicated - and also when they dressed up Eleven to be a more presentable girl (Ally Sheedy).

I don't know his name - but I love the young kid with the lisp.

Great performances by the entire cast.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
this is great. it has a stephen king or x-files feel to it .i have the last 2 episodes to watch and have enjoyed this series greatly

Yeah thanks guys for all the comments here...I have my daughter and her boyfriend here on holiday and I mentioned you were all saying good things about it...They are now hooked.

Cheers champs. :cheers:

madmav

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2016
just watched the first two episodes.. def has a king/carpenter feel to it.. long live the 80's

Liw_LozanoIII

MMASMG fan
Oct 17, 2015
Loved it. Netflix hasn't signed on to do another season yet, not sure what they are holding out for. This show was so refreshing and well directed every scene was beautifully done. I typically hate child actors but these kids nailed it.

9/10 great show, worth the watch.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Loved it. Netflix hasn't signed on to do another season yet, not sure what they are holding out for. This show was so refreshing and well directed every scene was beautifully done. I typically hate child actors but these kids nailed it.

9/10 great show, worth the watch.
I read that they did, they will make a second season but its rather like a sequel the producers said.
They will keep the characters and are going to explore the upside down more, where the monster came from, why its only one and stuff like that.

I finished it too and it was great. Not perfect, but, for what it is and how they done it, I'm very impressed. The ultimate end was pretty telegraphed, some things were weird, but they put like three different movie-storylines into that with mixed genres, and they got it to work quite smoothly, it was very gripping.

9/10 is fitting.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Finished the season a few nights ago and loved it. I agree with Hauler @Alco Hauler about the references to some 80s movies, my wife and I were mentioning the same shows during the same scenes.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Finished the season a few nights ago and loved it. I agree with Hauler @Alco Hauler about the references to some 80s movies, my wife and I were mentioning the same shows during the same scenes.
When they were beating up the cop for information, did you guys catch the "Did I stutter?" line? Definitely felt like a reference from the Bender/Andrew confrontation in The Breakfast Club when Bender was talking about how his dad burned him with a cigar.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
When they were beating up the cop for information, did you guys catch the "Did I stutter?" line? Definitely felt like a reference from the Bender/Andrew confrontation in The Breakfast Club when Bender was talking about how his dad burned him with a cigar.
Missed that one, good spotting.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Probably.
Hollywood likes to capitalize on trends. I'd be okay with more attempts at shows like this but I'll keep my expectations low.
I'd like an 80s themed show aimed at adults. Imagine a show like Dexter but he had a mullet and slayer jean jacket on while stalking his victims in his Iroc Z-28. Or Californication with bush...5 stars.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I'd like an 80s themed show aimed at adults. Imagine a show like Dexter but he had a mullet and slayer jean jacket on while stalking his victims in his Iroc Z-28. Or Californication with bush...5 stars.
My god that's genius!!