General Student Debt Forgiveness

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
i agree it has nothing to do with free markets and economics, but I think the solution is to not bail out businesses or people who enter in to business deals that don't work out the way they wanted.

My philosophy towards education was always that if you and the degree are worth it, someone will pay you to get the degree.
I have multiple degrees, and didn't pay a nickel for tuition, books, parking, etc. I showed I was worth the investment, and they paid me to get the degree that we agreed I needed. It wasn't easy, but it was cheap and valuable.
this is a very individualistic way of looking at education. anyone who’s not as brilliant must forget about college or enter a risky game of finances with all decks stacked against them.

Education should be free at all levels with affirmative action openings and industrial jobs should be valued and well paid. Glorifying the virtues of not going to college and championing against people who got buried in debt doesn’t make much sense.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
this is a very individualistic way of looking at education. anyone who’s not as brilliant must forget about college or enter a risky game of finances with all decks stacked against them.

Education should be free at all levels with affirmative action openings and industrial jobs should be valued and well paid. Glorifying the virtues of not going to college and championing against people who got buried in debt doesn’t make much sense.
who pays for this free stuff, and why is the product of their time and talent less valuable than the desires of those attending school?
by what moral authority are you doing to take these peoples' resource and capital, under threat of violence, and give it to others?

"should" is a fantasy.

and no one "got buried" in debt, they dug their own hole and climbed in.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
who pays for this free stuff, and why is the product of their time and talent less valuable than the desires of those attending school?
by what moral authority are you doing to take these peoples' resource and capital, under threat of violence, and give it to others?

"should" is a fantasy.

you are aware that free education is a thing in several countries right?

do you have a more thorough argument other than this kool aid market moralistic mantra? You give money to CEOs and “investors” that don’t need none of it, with no need for violence. But public education is a fantasy world?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
you are aware that free education is a thing in several countries right?

do you have a more thorough argument other than this kool aid market moralistic mantra? You give money to CEOs and “investors” that don’t need none of it, with no need for violence. But public education is a fantasy world?
first, let's understand that giving money is called "liberty".
and having money taken is "violence".

and you still haven't explained how this is a benefit so great that it will offset the costs.
just because other countries do it doesn't mean it's worth doing.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
first, let's understand that giving money is called "liberty".
and having money taken is "violence".

and you still haven't explained how this is a benefit so great that it will offset the costs.
just because other countries do it doesn't mean it's worth doing.
you don’t have the liberty to choose if you’ll give money to the financial elite or not. They take your tax money on one side and they make you work for them every time you’re online on the other.

then they tell you they don’t have money to provide basic needs such as health and education.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
you don’t have the liberty to choose if you’ll give money to the financial elite or not. They take your tax money on one side and they make you work for them every time you’re online on the other.

then they tell you they don’t have money to provide basic needs such as health and education.
what's the ratio of tax income to gov't expenditure? Does the gov't actually have any money?
You're acknowledging that the system is broken, you're just trying to angle a way for it to benefit you.

M

member 1013

what's the ratio of tax income to gov't expenditure? Does the gov't actually have any money?
You're acknowledging that the system is broken, you're just trying to angle a way for it to benefit you.
Bruv he is from Brazil, okay? Brazil knows how to run things.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
the US has a regressive tax system so the ratio is not the point. The government should be making much more tax money while charging less from “regular” people. US government bonds are the ultimate most valuable asset in the world. The government can finance anything they want to and they can literally print money and make others pay interest for it. Their trick is to convince you they’re broke.

You’re angling it in a way for it to benefit billionaire fucks who suck money off other people’s work.

now you’re going to automatically try to antagonize whatever I have said

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I'm so baffled by the reports of people being out of work. Literally every business around here is hiring. Even restaurants and bars.

I know I'm only seeing the reality for what's in my immediate area, but these stimulus payments are nationwide and the extra "stay on your couch" weekly unemployment bennies are crushing businesses just as much as the original Covid closures did.

We've had to increase starting pay by 25% and still aren't getting takers. I'm happy to pay the guys that rate, but make no mistake - prices for the end users are going up.
Why do you consider there to be any relationship at all between unemployment benefits and people not wanting to work at your particular job?

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015

"should" is a fantasy.

Should isn't a fantasy. It's a politics.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Why do you consider there to be any relationship at all between unemployment benefits and people not wanting to work at your particular job?
Because they've told me they make more money sitting on their ass than they do working.

It isn't speculation.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Because they've told me they make more money sitting on their ass than they do working.

It isn't speculation.
I know of a few people down here that have stated why would they find a job after getting paid off of they make the same or more now. Pretty short sighted imo.

M

member 1013

It isn't speculation.
If you paid them 20$ an hour for 160 hours a month they would gross 3200, how badly are you paying and how bigly is this stimulus?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I know of a few people down here that have stated why would they find a job after getting paid off of they make the same or more now. Pretty short sighted imo.
Yup.
Stop the bennies and people will go back to working.

The Steak-n-Shake down the street from my work just closed their doors because they can't find enough workers.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
If you paid them 20$ an hour for 160 hours a month they would gross 3200, how badly are you paying and how bigly is this stimulus?
It varies by state, but the unemployment + $600 amount figured out to around $27/hr in Ohio.

I think the $600 amount has been reduced, but not enough to get people off their ass.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It varies by state, but the unemployment + $600 amount figured out to around $27/hr in Ohio.

I think the $600 amount has been reduced, but not enough to get people off their ass.
I think it's an extra 300 until March, but they are looking to extend it with our "$2000" but not really stimulus checks.

M

member 1013

I’m finna move to Ohio and be a welfare case

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
It's going to be interesting when people realize they have to pay taxes on their unemployment amounts. Might need another stimulus from the government so they can afford to pay the government.

Fuck it. It's all fake money anyway.

The inflation we are heading for is going to be UGLY.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016

Any idea how long they can get the unemployment + $600? Isn't it like 6 months max?

M

member 1013

27 an hour before or after taxes? If they’re getting more than 4800 bucks a Month that cray