Study proves that T levels dont necessarily decrease with age

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
ABSTRACT

Aim: To establish norms for reproductive hormones in healthy males with normal urologic and sexual function, and to assess the change in reproductive hormone levels with respect to age among healthy males. Methods:Healthy volunteers aged 18-29 (group 1) and 45-65 (group 2) were recruited for enrollment in a prospective study. Inclusion criteria comprised normal urinary, ejaculatory, orgasmic, and erectile function, as determined by IPSS, MSHQ, and IEFF-15. Men with history of chronic medical illnesses or chronic medication use were excluded. Fifty men met the study criteria. Each participant underwent physical examination and standardized serum hormone evaluation using ELISA and EIA methods. Statistical analysis was performed using JMP 8.0 software (SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC), to compare hormone levels between the two groups of men. Results: There were 25 men each in groups 1 (mean age 26) and 2 (mean age 51). Overall, 46% were Caucasian, 31% African American, 15% Hispanic, and 8% Asian. There was no statistically significant difference in serum total T, SHBG, E2, or LH between groups 1 and 2. Notably, the 95% CI for serum T levels for both groups of men wereconsiderably higher than commonly accepted lower-end cut-off limits. Conclusion: Serum T levels do not vary significantly with age, in otherwise healthy men with normal sexual and urologic function. Furthermore, healthy men have much higher serum total and free T levels than the lower-end reference limits provided by commercial laboratories.

Testosterone Levels Do Not Decline with Age in Healthy Men

Stay healthy, fit and at the very least keep fapping and you'll be fine into your 50's is what I could make of this.

Credit diet butcher @diet butcher & Wintermute @peter_weyland for inspiring me to search for this, if you guys as well as Leigh @Leigh could have a read of the full study and share your thoughts Id appreciate it. Who else should I be asking? Joint reviews are good,

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
This study was probably done in 2012 and its quite false that hormonal levels do not change. Everybody knows testosterone levels drop from age of 30 . Apart from this study do you have any other link? @Ladyboy

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Interesting. It is often said that after the age of 30 men lose 14% of their T levels every decade, so by the time you are 70 you're down around 15%.

I don't know what my T levels are, but i'm taking some supplements that are supposed to boost T levels anyway, just in case.

It's early days yet, but I expect a Hulk like transformation, within 30 days or it's a waste of money.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I know mine don't, they're actually RISING....if you know what I mean.
Same with my D levels.