General Sturgill Simpson...Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Watch the vid I posted above, you get 3 songs in that one and it's just him solo. I have always liked listening to guys do their songs solo so I can compare to the full band album version. Pretty damn good.
I grew up listening to country, and still do but I don't stream music, or have satellite radio which means I just listen to whatever's on the radio. Commercial radio isn't too high on Sturgill Simpson, lol.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
This is going to sound funny, but I've been meaning to listen to some Sturgill Simpson for about 3 years now. I'm happy this thread exists.
Glad
I grew up listening to country, and still do but I don't stream music, or have satellite radio which means I just listen to whatever's on the radio. Commercial radio isn't too high on Sturgill Simpson, lol.
His songs are filled with distaste for commercial radio...the early sunday valley stuff is just amazing and he really sticks it to mainstream everything.

Early sunday valley albums are rare and some sell for over a grand...He kinda tried to distance himself from that early stuff, but it is just too good to be ignored.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I just read through a thread where people appear to be having a contest to decide who has the worst taste in music, thought I'd come back here as a change of scenery.

Some of you might enjoy this:

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qykU2aph7M

Great song wow
lol his little hitler stash
and the subtitles blow

PS I listen to all these on a studio quality sound system...little tiny speakers don't do real music any justice

enjoy bros
Fantastic tune. Almost makes me want to have a kid just because of the emotion in this one.

My music is always cyclical and lately I've been on a huge Sturgill, Childers, and Isbell kick.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Fantastic tune. Almost makes me want to have a kid just because of the emotion in this one.

My music is always cyclical and lately I've been on a huge Sturgill, Childers, and Isbell kick.
song gives me the feels also

Simpleman

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Him and Stapleton did a few duets together on SNL that are very good. Posting it just so I can keep this thread in my user history and dont forget about it. Him and Tyler Childers would be an interesting collaboration too.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Him and Stapleton did a few duets together on SNL that are very good. Posting it just so I can keep this thread in my user history and dont forget about it. Him and Tyler Childers would be an interesting collaboration too.
nice
I am gonna check those out

Bocephus

Oct 2, 2017
Sturgill, Childers and Stapleton need to form a highwaymen style group. Maybe add Cody Jinks or Colter Wall if they want a 4 person group

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Sturgill, Childers and Stapleton need to form a highwaymen style group. Maybe add Cody Jinks or Colter Wall if they want a 4 person group
yep, I would love that
they need to use whatever pedal steel guitar guy wheeler walker is using...he is amazing