Sub 200 test level..tme

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

easedel

Jan 18, 2015
Few years ago I had to get a blood test and asked to have my test levels checked. So they just checked total test serum. Came back mid/high 300s. Doc said it was normal even after telling him about the lack of motivation, energy, sleep problems, general lack of self worth, dick problems etc.

Fast foward a few years later and had another blood test done. Asked for a test check, explained why, doc agreed ( new doc ). Got results yesterday and I am at 190. Assistant doc on phone said 160 but the lab work shows 190. Either way thats low and its dropped roughly 200 points? in 4 years.

So I was given a referral for an endocrinologist and have to set up an appointment monday. So if I have to get on this shit, what do I need to know. So far I know to avoid the pills, they wreck your liver. Test Cyp is the way to go if i need injections.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
They'll give you injections every 10-14 days. Dosage will be 125-150mg per injection. Test-E or Test-C is what they will give you. At those dosages, there is no need for real concern about liver damage...but you can support liver function by taking NAC & ALA (1200mg of NAC & 600mg of ALA daily). You will likely see an increase in Hemoglobin counts, but shouldn't be anything too alarming. 2-3 weeks after your first injection, you should feel like a new person. Increased energy, increased libido, you'll sleep better and require less of it, improved focus, less anxiety (if you've been experiencing any), etc.

Embrace it, because if you've been dealing with low T for a while, this is going to improve your quality of life in ways that really can't be explained until you experience it.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
lack of motivation, energy, sleep problems, general lack of self worth, dick problems etc.

A few things that are a little moot since I agree with the final diagnosis in this case.
I would have considered temporarily treating you with the first number (assuming it was confirmed a second time).

Low T will not cause ED. This is important for expectations. It CAN cause decreased libido, so you don't want to get it up because you don't have interest. But be aware that if "dick problems" is interest, that'll be fixed. If "dick problems" is you have interest but the D isn't following your minds orders you may still need an ED med.

Test is totally safe when monitored. It's not a designer medical product. It's an endocrine replacement like people with low thyroid. And similarly it can affect almost every system in your body.

What else? You need to get your shit in gear once they give you the ability to do so. A little overweight? Old enough for an aspirin (45-79 for men without contraindications)? Fix all that shit.
Or your test replacement will always be chasing the other battles and you'll have a higher complication rate.

Mertvaya Ruka

Feb 14, 2015
I had the same issue as I take morphine on a daily basis, one of the side effect is low test.

I've used the cream and now use a patch that I change every 24 hours.

I know there's currently lawsuits and some test products have been taken off the shelves, I read a bit about it but I can't find exactly why test can lead to heart issues and such.

Anyone familiar?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
... exactly why test can lead to heart issues and such.

Anyone familiar?
Heart attacks happen from athlersclerosis with plaque rupture usually. This a complex dynamic process and its not just "build up" over time.
Platelets are core involved in your clotting process and can also take part in some smaller thrombotic processes.

It is thought that IN MEN WITH EXISTING heart disease, testosterone may increase the acceleration of these existing processes. That is, you may either advance athlerosclerosis and/or plaque rupture and/or platelet count and platelet aggegation. In fairly weak, but large, studies people with known CAD (coronary artery disease) had more heart attacks. In older men, they had more heart attacks. In young men without heart issues? no evidence.
So reallly unclear if the tesosterone is causing it. But also really concerning.
Some have theorized that test decrease is part of the normal aging process to protect against such things.

So what to do? close monitoring by a doctor in case levels get too high or blood labs are off.
Workout and stay healthy. Eat like you had a heart attack and you probably won't have one.
Consider all of this before you get TRT, or fake out the labs via low sleep or other drugs, and get put on excess exogenous tesosterone.

Mertvaya Ruka

Feb 14, 2015
Heart attacks happen from athlersclerosis with plaque rupture usually. This a complex dynamic process and its not just "build up" over time.
Platelets are core involved in your clotting process and can also take part in some smaller thrombotic processes.

It is thought that IN MEN WITH EXISTING heart disease, testosterone may increase the acceleration of these existing processes. That is, you may either advance athlerosclerosis and/or plaque rupture and/or platelet count and platelet aggegation. In fairly weak, but large, studies people with known CAD (coronary artery disease) had more heart attacks. In older men, they had more heart attacks. In young men without heart issues? no evidence.
So reallly unclear if the tesosterone is causing it. But also really concerning.
Some have theorized that test decrease is part of the normal aging process to protect against such things.

So what to do? close monitoring by a doctor in case levels get too high or blood labs are off.
Workout and stay healthy. Eat like you had a heart attack and you probably won't have one.
Consider all of this before you get TRT, or fake out the labs via low sleep or other drugs, and get put on excess exogenous tesosterone.
Cool, thanks for the in depth explanation, do you have a background in medicine?

All the studies I saw were for older men indeed, I think the lawsuits are all about the "fine print" that was missing on the label of TRT products.

easedel

Jan 18, 2015
Yea this is going to be interesting. Doctor said i most liekly been dealing with a form of depression for the past least 5 years. My aniexty has gone through the roof to the point i basically became a hermit anymore. Ive been dealing with a bum knee for the past 5 years that I needed looking at. Insurance ran out before I could get anywhere with it. So my exercising has been slim to none since then. Fast foward between bouts of gout attacks & my knee blowing up from just random fucking things, I gained close to 30 lbs since october when i quit smoking, i still have no idea how either. So i know the endo is going to want me to lose weight ( which i want to do anyways ). I want to get down to 240 before the end of the year.

I am pretty much borderline diabetic now also according the lab work, or as my friend says, fat guyabetes.

I hope to have my knee fixed or at least looked at completely ( waiting on MRI auth ). Do what the endo says, be able to start exercising regularly without having my knee blow the fuck up on me anymore. Just looking forward to having that energy, motivation, getting everything checked out and shit, just overall better demeanor is putting me in a better mood.

I just want to get out of this funk i feel like i been in the past 15 yrs.

Mertvaya Ruka

Feb 14, 2015
Yea this is going to be interesting. Doctor said i most liekly been dealing with a form of depression for the past least 5 years. My aniexty has gone through the roof to the point i basically became a hermit anymore. Ive been dealing with a bum knee for the past 5 years that I needed looking at. Insurance ran out before I could get anywhere with it. So my exercising has been slim to none since then. Fast foward between bouts of gout attacks & my knee blowing up from just random fucking things, I gained close to 30 lbs since october when i quit smoking, i still have no idea how either. So i know the endo is going to want me to lose weight ( which i want to do anyways ). I want to get down to 240 before the end of the year.

I am pretty much borderline diabetic now also according the lab work, or as my friend says, fat guyabetes.

I hope to have my knee fixed or at least looked at completely ( waiting on MRI auth ). Do what the endo says, be able to start exercising regularly without having my knee blow the fuck up on me anymore. Just looking forward to having that energy, motivation, getting everything checked out and shit, just overall better demeanor is putting me in a better mood.

I just want to get out of this funk i feel like i been in the past 15 yrs.
Damn, that's rough man. I guess you are American? The whole insurance thing sounds so crazy to me.

You think you could swim? Might be easier on the knee.

easedel

Jan 18, 2015
edit: I rambled too much.
Yea swimming would work. I wanted to get back into cycling, I did that years ago and lost weight when i wasn't even trying too. Not sure how that would be on the knee though. I have no cart in it so just bending it i get that ice pick grinding the back of the knee cap feeling.

Last edited:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You are going to be shocked at how much better you feel 21 days after your first injection. You can't even imagine it right now, because you've felt like shit for so long. But smile my brother...relief and normality is on the way!

Mertvaya Ruka

Feb 14, 2015
edit: I rambled too much.
Yea swimming would work. I wanted to get back into cycling, I did that years ago and lost weight when i wasn't even trying too. Not sure how that would be on the knee though. I have no cart in it so just bending it i get that ice pick grinding the back of the knee cap feeling.
Then go for swimming. do it! :)