Substars Refuse to Pay Athletes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It looks like the wildly ambitious jiu jitsu start-up Substars has ran into some trouble.

Sources close to the situation have informed grapplinginsider.com that a number of athletes who appeared on the card are yet to receive any payment . While there was a lack of communication from organizers initially, in the last few hours, they have began to message athletes to inform them that they won’t be receiving full payment.

https://grapplinginsider.com/substars-refuse-to-pay-athletes/

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Must be The same turd from FYRE fest

M

member 603

Just floored by this.... Provision have to be on place to make sure that ALL these athletes get paid..... Take out a loan, dip into your equity.... Sell 7 keys..... Whatever it is, you have GOT to pay these athletes.

People worked hard on this event, these ladies and gentlemen showed up and did their part.... Pay them.

Alex really shot himself in the foot here, he'll never find a way back in this game.... It absolutely breaks my heart because he is a good guy, but good guy labels don't pay the bills.... Pay these people.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Josh “Star Lord” Leduc announced a way to help those missing their promised payments. He is offering to give all proceeds of Wicked Warrior Coffee “Pay Up Bitches” Blend to the athletes and charities.

The product description includes the language: “The profit from the sale of this specially-created coffee will go to the unpaid fighters and charity that Substars f*cked. We are proof that the bjj community is a family, and family takes care of their own.” Hopefully this can help the unpaid Substars athletes and all other associated with the event.

Leduc was heavily involved with Substars, donating his time, equipment, and effort to helping the event run smoothly. He is certainly not the only one who volunteered their time on Substars and is left in the wake of this disappointment.

https://grapplinginsider.com/one-wa...r-athletes-charities-buy-pay-up-btches-blend/

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Josh “Star Lord” Leduc announced a way to help those missing their promised payments. He is offering to give all proceeds of Wicked Warrior Coffee “Pay Up Bitches” Blend to the athletes and charities.

The product description includes the language: “The profit from the sale of this specially-created coffee will go to the unpaid fighters and charity that Substars f*cked. We are proof that the bjj community is a family, and family takes care of their own.” Hopefully this can help the unpaid Substars athletes and all other associated with the event.

Leduc was heavily involved with Substars, donating his time, equipment, and effort to helping the event run smoothly. He is certainly not the only one who volunteered their time on Substars and is left in the wake of this disappointment.

https://grapplinginsider.com/one-wa...r-athletes-charities-buy-pay-up-btches-blend/

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/B9R_dEQpLov/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_mid=45A6734B-0605-46CC-A0CB-D613C2B1317C

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Just floored by this.... Provision have to be on place to make sure that ALL these athletes get paid..... Take out a loan, dip into your equity.... Sell 7 keys..... Whatever it is, you have GOT to pay these athletes.

People worked hard on this event, these ladies and gentlemen showed up and did their part.... Pay them.

Alex really shot himself in the foot here, he'll never find a way back in this game.... It absolutely breaks my heart because he is a good guy, but good guy labels don't pay the bills.... Pay these people.
Fucking shame dude.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Imagine having Curtis Blaydes fresh off a loss wearing while wearing a diaper mad at you for not paying him..I get that ol dude is sorry and such but you can't go through with an event if the payroll isn't in place prior.. This is why having the proper financial backing is key.. you can't put all these guys out there then pray it does well enough to reimburse the athletes.. that money should've been on hand before ANY of the matches happened.. you can't tell me the guy didn't know he couldn't pay prior..If you can't run a legit business with the proper funding dont be loading up a fkn card with talent that is already established and could be doing other things besides getting fkd over..

Something similar to this happened to my buddies on a fight card where the promoter fkd everybody over..I was supposed to fight Elliot Marshall for 5k and didn't get my passport in time.. and something told me this was too good 2 be true.. sure enough my team mate fought Terry Martin and almost beat him only to get fkd over and never paid.. yea you read that right He fought terry fkn martin for free and even got concussed..Idk the guy from substars but @Rhino does and says he's a good dude so i'll take his word for it..but at the same time this exposes his greed and carelessness towards hard working ppl and this lapse in judgment can ruin his word and you don't want that to happen.. he's honestly lucky all the guys are being level headed and not whipping his ass but we all know this isn't the old days and ppl have reputations to uphold.. This is a real slimeball move on his behalf..I don't have to know the whole story in order to come to this conclusion..I know he didn't have any cash to pay his contracted talent and that's bullshit.. he can apologize and admit guilt but this didn't take hindsight in order to see 20/20.. he knew he was fkn up all along and didn't have the balls 2 cancel it.. and had I fought Elliot Marshall and got nothing I would've more than likely went to that promoters residence and started taking anything of value and pray he tries stopping me..I'm not 1 to pull the tough guy card but you don't fk wth a man's money especially at the expense of fighting another trained killer to get it in the first place.

Last edited: