Society SVB Bank insolvency/collapse - Silicone Valley

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Poor banking practices exposed?

What is the story here?

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yep, same as portfolio type as svb.
I honestly thought they'd tank last month.
Such a pile of shittola

I read somewhere about them offering 10 year interest only payments on mortgages for wealthy folks...no idea if true.

I want a bank that holds all of everybody's money on site or assets equivalent to...I know that isn't how shit works nowadays but that is the true definition of a bank.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
In reality our banks should be heavily armed and secured 24/7 and hold all of the cash invested in them so they can give it back to it's investors/bankers at any given time...the facade is being exposed
That's not how it works. I don't know how much cash a bank keeps on hand, but keeping it all would be insanely dangerous.

It's loaned out/invested.

There isn't a bank anywhere that would be able to literally cash out every customer should they all happen to show up on the same day.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That's not how it works. I don't know how much cash a bank keeps on hand, but keeping it all would be insanely dangerous.

It's loaned out/invested.

There isn't a bank anywhere that would be able to literally cash out every customer should they all happen to show up on the same day.
I know that isn't how it works, every dollar they "hold" for the customer is spent/invested 10 times over.

I do think some banks could cash out all their customers within a short timeframe, but those banks likely hold gold in a secure location.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

Wife's direct deposit didn't post to her bank account. It usually shows on Thursday - as of this morning it still wasn't there.

Her company is saying it's a widespread problem outside of their control.

I know this - the explanation being fed to the media is likely complete bullshit.

Last edited:

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Wife's direct deposit didn't post to her bank account. It usually shows on Thursday - as of this morning it still wasn't there.

Her company is saying it's a widespread problem outside of their control.

I know this - the explanation being fed to the media is likely complete bullshit.
After Hezbollah speech.
BOA, WF, Chase etc.
Lol @ "glitch"