Society SVB Bank insolvency/collapse - Silicone Valley

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Romans had currency, Persians had currency, Greeks had currency. Guess what they used, copper, silver, gold. How far back are you going for your barter and trade?
Having currency doesn't mean bartering ceases to exist.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Who said it did? The fact remains that copper is useful for many things beyond just making a coin.
That was the cornerstone for your argument about why it's smart to horde copper. In 2023 the average person has 0 use for raw copper.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
When people panic sell, it's often a good time to buy.

Added to watch list.

Was just told 2 yr treasury down 52%

This is what has me timid.
Inversion of the yield curve/treasuries.

I'm gonna watch this week.

Last edited:

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
That was the cornerstone for your argument about why it's smart to horde copper. In 2023 the average person has 0 use for raw copper.
No one's banking on the average person.
At $4/lb. with only upswing industrially medium-long term, it's just a wise move.
I can take copper 10 minutes any direction & exchange for fiat, that's not gonna change.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
No one's banking on the average person.
At $4/lb. with only upswing industrially medium-long term, it's just a wise move.
I can take copper 10 minutes any direction & exchange for fiat, that's not gonna change.
If the dollar is worth 0 it's no longer worth $4/lbs

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
The BIS will make sure the USD/milkshake theory has legs for years.
As long as the U.S. has aircraft carriers & reserve currency status I think we're above water.
Personally I agree, but that makes hording something like copper somewhat foolish. Silver or Gold, sure. But having to store thousands of pounds of copper for the purpose of speculation doesn't make a pile of sense to me.

Vae Victis

Mar 3, 2023
It was a joke as far as using it for barter and trade. Which I can understand you taking it seriously because you dont know me. Nor have I posted here long.
But as Sparkuri stated, I can take my copper 15 miles down the road and scrap it for cash.

So if I threw it away, I'd just be throwing away free money, as I get a lot of copper, aluminum, and metal from my work.

Although I will say the majority of the copper came from the old boiler system, as I stated previously.

I try not to make a habit of throwing away items that can be traded in for cash.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Last edited:

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Narrowing that data stream down to as small as possible
Data = Power
2014:

2017:

2020:

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
2014:

2017:

2020:

Yes

Last edited:

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I think you're missing the point here dude. Don't let the asshole elites misframe this

- The regulations on mid-size bank reserves ratios were too low to begin with. That allowed executives to gamble with deposits and pay themselves big salaries and bonuses

- trump repealed regulations with the help of 17 of the most corrupt democrats since those executives donate to the corrupt Republicans and democrats alike. And Democrat voters shouldn't kid themselves. Almost every corrupt Democrat, including biden, secretly loved trump doing that since it made their donors happy

- case in point, bidens administration made no move to increase the capital ratio requirements

Anyone painting this is a woke issue related to staff diversity or woke investments is lying to you. The investments that lost value when interest rates rose were the US treasuries. US treasuries are not woke

The real issue is greed and a political system that allows those greedy assholes to buy off almost every member of congress on both sides of the aisle, with the exception of Matt gaetz and a few other Republicans, and a handful of Justice democrats