VID Tacoma fast food workers fired for trading burgers for weed

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

TACOMA, Wash. -- Two employees at a Tacoma fast food restaurant have been fired for allegedly smoking hash oil at the drive through window in exchange for burgers and fries.

Jonah Tacoma, a known marijuana advocate, had a friend film the encounter as they went through the drive-through at Frugals on Pacific Avenue in April.

The video, which was later posted to Youtube, shows Tacoma offering up his pipe to two employees at the drive up window. In the video, two employees take hits from the pipe. A dab is concentrated form of marijuana, also known as hash oil or shatter.

"We were going through the drive-through and when we were done ordering, I offered to pay with a dab instead of cash," said Tacoma. "She said, 'Yeah, sure.' We started filming when we pulled up."

Tacoma says the employees asked him to hold the video for at least a week if he was going to post it online. He held it for a month and posted it on YouTube May 11. It was only then did the employees get in trouble.

A spokeswoman for the Port Angeles based restaurant chain says a customer called the company and notified them of the video. Once management saw the video, their manager was contacted and both employees seen taking a hit of weed were terminated.

"Frugals has a zero tolerance drug policy in the workplace, and we in no way condone the type of conduct captured," Laurie Macarty, Financial Manager for Frugals, said in statement to KOMO News.

The statement also reads, "How very unfortunate that the media has chosen to spotlight and sensationalize this incident, which may only serve to encourage this type of behavior in publicity seeking individuals. The isolated actions of the two terminated employees do not in any way reflect the Frugals crew as a whole."

The two unidentified employees had worked for Frugals since September 2012 and December 2012, respectively.

"It was kind of just funny thing that happened," said Tacoma, who runs Dabstars, a website promoting the practice of dabbing, which is legal for individuals over 21 in Washington State.

Tacoma is jumping on the popularity of the video to advocate the legal use of marijuana, but possibly at the expense of two workers who have been fired.

"I don't think we put them in jeopardy," he said. "I think they chose to participate. The reality is we are making a statement."

He says his "whole crew" in his car got burgers and fries in exchange for the dabs.

P

Punch

Back in my day, i just came to work and smoked up in the parking lot before going to go work the drive through. Damn whippersnappers. :D

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
They should have gotten a raise..that's a come up..Hash for Burgers..shiiiiiiiit put me down for BOTH

BJTT_Pella

I want to go fishing.
Jun 25, 2015

TACOMA, Wash. -- Two employees at a Tacoma fast food restaurant have been fired for allegedly smoking hash oil at the drive through window in exchange for burgers and fries.

Jonah Tacoma, a known marijuana advocate, had a friend film the encounter as they went through the drive-through at Frugals on Pacific Avenue in April.

The video, which was later posted to Youtube, shows Tacoma offering up his pipe to two employees at the drive up window. In the video, two employees take hits from the pipe. A dab is concentrated form of marijuana, also known as hash oil or shatter.

"We were going through the drive-through and when we were done ordering, I offered to pay with a dab instead of cash," said Tacoma. "She said, 'Yeah, sure.' We started filming when we pulled up."

Tacoma says the employees asked him to hold the video for at least a week if he was going to post it online. He held it for a month and posted it on YouTube May 11. It was only then did the employees get in trouble.

A spokeswoman for the Port Angeles based restaurant chain says a customer called the company and notified them of the video. Once management saw the video, their manager was contacted and both employees seen taking a hit of weed were terminated.

"Frugals has a zero tolerance drug policy in the workplace, and we in no way condone the type of conduct captured," Laurie Macarty, Financial Manager for Frugals, said in statement to KOMO News.

The statement also reads, "How very unfortunate that the media has chosen to spotlight and sensationalize this incident, which may only serve to encourage this type of behavior in publicity seeking individuals. The isolated actions of the two terminated employees do not in any way reflect the Frugals crew as a whole."

The two unidentified employees had worked for Frugals since September 2012 and December 2012, respectively.

"It was kind of just funny thing that happened," said Tacoma, who runs Dabstars, a website promoting the practice of dabbing, which is legal for individuals over 21 in Washington State.

Tacoma is jumping on the popularity of the video to advocate the legal use of marijuana, but possibly at the expense of two workers who have been fired.

"I don't think we put them in jeopardy," he said. "I think they chose to participate. The reality is we are making a statement."

He says his "whole crew" in his car got burgers and fries in exchange for the dabs.

Wtf? Dabstar was my fucking idea. Only a true dabaholic can make such claimz.