Takanori Gomi vs. Jim Miller set for UFC 200

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

A battle between veteran lightweights is yet another addition to the mega-stacked UFC 200 card in July.

UFC 200 is already stacked. The July 9th card will feature a huge rematch on top and an interim featherweight title fight as the co-main. Those bouts were announced earlier along with a lightweight bout, but the 155-pound showcase naturally got the least attention due to the stature of the other two fights. Regardless, that bout could very well turn out to be the fight of the night.

On one side you'll have the former Pride lightweight champ and one of the best fighters of all time, Takanori Gomi. Gomi (35-11, 1 NC, 4-6 UFC) has dropped two disputed TKOs in a row, to Joe Lauzon and Myles Jury. We're just going to pretend those didn't really happen though.

In the other corner, we…

LINK: Takanori Gomi vs. Jim Miller set for UFC 200

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I love Gomi but he's far from one off the all time greats

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
Damn it!! Common!! Miller gets injured in camp and BJ saves us all. Nothing against Miller, he's a stud, but damn it!! Common!!

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
I will never forget how an exhausted Gomi looked as he was wanging punches at Nick Diaz. Looked like he was throwing fastballs, it was about as technical as the recipe for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
I don't care about this match up.. I am sure ufc 200 will fall apart because of injuries..

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
No? Where would you rank his run in Pride?
He was a top 5 guy during his run in Pride most definitely...BJ handled him with ease in Gomis prime...A legend a great fighter yes..But All time great among everybody I don't think so...Not mouthing him just my opinion...Sherk would've beat him too imho

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
He was a top 5 guy during his run in Pride most definitely...BJ handled him with ease in Gomis prime...A legend a great fighter yes..But All time great among everybody I don't think so...Not mouthing him just my opinion...Sherk would've beat him too imho
He's got that bomb in his hands. But fuck he's gassed a few times in his later fights

PrideRules

Pride Never Die!!!
Oct 20, 2015
Gomi was a top 5 guy while in Pride? hahahah. Sean Sherk? hahahaha Now I know you messing with me. It is common knowledge that in it's heyday, Pride was the big leagues, UFC was the minors. This is why BJ Penn, the UFC champ, left.

Gomi was the ONLY LW belt holder in Pride, and his Grand Prix belt winning over Sakurai was the best run we've seen at LW.

The only contender for GOAT LW is BJ. IMO Gomi had the better run, but only because BJ was inactive and went back and forth to WW.

GOAT LW skills BJ Penn
GOAT LW career Gomi

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Gomi was a top 5 guy while in Pride? hahahah. Sean Sherk? hahahaha Now I know you messing with me. It is common knowledge that in it's heyday, Pride was the big leagues, UFC was the minors. This is why BJ Penn, the UFC champ, left.

Gomi was the ONLY LW belt holder in Pride, and his Grand Prix belt winning over Sakurai was the best run we've seen at LW.

The only contender for GOAT LW is BJ. IMO Gomi had the better run, but only because BJ was inactive and went back and forth to WW.

GOAT LW skills BJ Penn
GOAT LW career Gomi
BJ BEAT him easily in Rumble on the Rock...Hansen beat him..Aurellio choked him out...Sherk had lost to all time greats Hughes in,his prime wick sherk win 2 rounds...Gsp,Frankie in a close fight and Bj..SHERK beat Nick Diaz while Gomi can't beat Nate...

PrideRules

Pride Never Die!!!
Oct 20, 2015
BJ BEAT him easily in Rumble on the Rock...Hansen beat him..Aurellio choked him out...Sherk had lost to all time greats Hughes in,his prime wick sherk win 2 rounds...Gsp,Frankie in a close fight and Bj..SHERK beat Nick Diaz while Gomi can't beat Nate...
People sleep on Gomi's wrestling because his crazy hands. Sherk can't beat anyone he can't take down. Prime Gomi would have beat Sherk similar to BJ.

Even though Gomi half assed his training and lost a lot of fights, the quality of his wins speak for themselves.

Fight Matrix | The Best Lightweights in MMA History: All-Time Rankings (Updated)

Fight Matrix | All-Time MMA Rankings

Under the Microscope: Analyzing Lightweight Greats - Takanori Gomi

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
People sleep on Gomi's wrestling because his crazy hands. Sherk can't beat anyone he can't take down. Prime Gomi would have beat Sherk similar to BJ.

Even though Gomi half assed his training and lost a lot of fights, the quality of his wins speak for themselves.

Fight Matrix | The Best Lightweights in MMA History: All-Time Rankings (Updated)

Fight Matrix | All-Time MMA Rankings

Under the Microscope: Analyzing Lightweight Greats - Takanori Gomi
saying Sherk can't beat anybody he can't take down is like saying Gomi can only win by KO..How is Gomi gonna stop from getting taken down.Sherk took Hughes down...Gomis ground is no where near Sherks...

PrideRules

Pride Never Die!!!
Oct 20, 2015
saying Sherk can't beat anybody he can't take down is like saying Gomi can only win by KO..How is Gomi gonna stop from getting taken down.Sherk took Hughes down...Gomis ground is no where near Sherks...
kawajiri