Sports Tarvaris Jackson killed in auto accident

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Former NFL quarterback Tarvaris Jackson dies in car crash

Former NFL quarterback Tarvaris Jacksondied in a car crash Sunday in Alabama, the NFL Network reported. He was 36.

Jackson spent 10 years in the NFL and was drafted 64th overall in 2006. He was best known as the starter for the Minnesota Vikings and the Seattle Seahawks. In 59 games, Jackson threw for 7,263 yards, 39 touchdowns and 35 interceptions.

Tarvaris Jackson, former NFL quarterback, dies in car crash - Washington Times

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Jackson was driving on a road a few miles south of Montgomery, Alabama, at around 8:50 p.m. Sunday when his 2012 Chevrolet Camaro left the road, hit a tree and flipped, according to Alabama Law Enforcement Agency trooper Michael Carswell. Jackson was transported to a local hospital and later pronounced dead.

"Nothing further is available as ALEA State Troopers continue to investigate," Carswell said.

Born and raised in Montgomery, Jackson began his collegiate career at Arkansas before transferring to Football Championship Subdivision school Alabama State, where he became a force and caught the attention of NFL scouts.

Projected as a mid- to late-round pick in the 2006 NFL draft, the 6-foot-2, 225-pounder was instead selected by the Minnesota Vikings in the second round, at No. 64 overall. He earned the starting job there a little more than a year later.

All told, Jackson played parts of nine seasons in the NFL with the Vikings and Seattle Seahawks. (He also spent the 2012 season with the Buffalo Bills, but did not play.) He started 34 games and threw for more than 7,200 yards with 39 touchdowns and 35 interceptions.

The Vikings said in a statement Monday that Jackson was "taken from us too soon."

"One of Tarvaris' greatest attributes was his positive outlook and approach," the team said. "He genuinely cared about others, was a good friend and will be missed by family, teammates and Vikings fans everywhere. We send our deepest condolences to his family."

Jackson started 14 games for the Seahawks in 2011, replacing Matt Hasslebeck in what was coach Pete Carroll's second season as head coach. He was traded to Buffalo the following year, then released and promptly picked back up by Seattle. He won a Super Bowl ring as Russell Wilson's backup in 2014.

"TJack... you will be missed. Praying for your family...Love you man," Wilson wrote on Twitter on Monday morning.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
Speeding is pretty much legal now I haven't seen a speed trap since this started. I speed everywhere. Probably a factor

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Speeding is pretty much legal now I haven't seen a speed trap since this started. I speed everywhere. Probably a factor
people drive fast in AZ...like 15 over is acceptable in most cases. I've noticed that without the threat of a ticket and no traffic, most people are going about 5 MPH faster than normal.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
people drive fast in AZ...like 15 over is acceptable in most cases. I've noticed that without the threat of a ticket and no traffic, most people are going about 5 MPH faster than normal.
I drive like 60 mile's a night. I regularly get in races on the hiway. No one seems concerned in the slightest we r going to pass a cop.
I made a 30 mins drive in 16 mins last nite.