TBI in MMA

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kvr28

Ghost of KVR
Nov 22, 2015
Surprised not seeing more of this, with training, glove size and wars in the cage they are taking significant more damage than any other sport.

Barry_BondsMVP

VatosLocos4Ever
Mar 3, 2015
Was gonna say this but at least in boxing you have a count, in MMA it gets stopped because someone either isn't defending themselves well enough or they are el sparco
you spar more in boxing as well. MMA you have wrestling and bjj days. Also in MMA there’s fights where there can be minimal damage because of superior ground game.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Was gonna say this but at least in boxing you have a count, in MMA it gets stopped because someone either isn't defending themselves well enough or they are el sparco
Counts make things worse. How many times have you seen in boxing where the fighter gets on his feet and allowed to continue only to be knocked down again in the next exchange? Repeated blows to the head are more likely to cause brain damage. In MMA, once the ref steps in, it is over. The fighter can argue he's fine all he wants. It doesn't matter.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Counts make things worse. How many times have you seen in boxing where the fighter gets on his feet and allowed to continue only to be knocked down again in the next exchange? Repeated blows to the head are more likely to cause brain damage. In MMA, once the ref steps in, it is over. The fighter can argue he's fine all he wants. It doesn't matter.
I understand completely. That's what I'm saying. I probably said it bad.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
What I'm getting at is a fighter can take a count as a breather sometimes to regroup, look at froch, he got knocked down early in 2 fights and won. Probably took a hundred more punches at least in each fight.

I like the count but I don't like the country also. Look at nganno Vs AJ or AJ Vs dubois.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
you spar more in boxing as well. MMA you have wrestling and bjj days. Also in MMA there’s fights where there can be minimal damage because of superior ground game.
Or you can also have fights like Cain jds or hendo Vs shogun