General Ted Nugent, COVID denier, tests positive for COVID

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Ted Nugent Tests Positive for COVID After Calling Pandemic a ‘Hoax': ‘I Thought I Was Dying’
Tue, April 20, 2021, 8:06 AM

Musician Ted Nugent said Monday he tested positive for COVID-19 and had been experiencing intense symptoms, though he’s called the pandemic a “hoax” in the past.

In December 2020, the 72-year-old entertainer dismissed the global coronavirus pandemic as “scammy.” Monday, he changed his tune, mentioning the “pandemic clusterfu–.”

During the Facebook Live broadcast in which he announced his diagnosis, in fact, he used that colorful word twice.

“I have had flu symptoms for the last 10 days and I thought I was dying,” he told viewers. “Just a clusterfu–.”

Previously, Nugent declared that the ongoing global crisis was somehow “not a real pandemic” and people who choose to wear masks — often in compliance with local ordinances — are “sheep.”

Nugent is a political conservative who expressed support for former president Donald Trump’s policies and even performed at the Republican’s events. Trump, like Nugent, contracted COVID-19 at one point, requiring hospitalization last fall.

Nugent has attacked school shooting survivor and gun control advocate David Hogg and praised Fox News’ Laura Ingraham.

Earlier this month, Nugent expressed no fear of the virus in another Facebook Live, instead quipping, “Why weren’t we shut down for COVID one-through-18?”

Of course, COVID-19 was not named sequentially, but for the year the infection was initially reported, 2019.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Ted Nugent reacts after testing positive for COVID: ‘Never been so sick in my life’

Ted Nugent, who has long downplayed the COVID-19 pandemic as a “scam,” said Monday he tested positive for the coronavirus.

The controversial singer revealed his diagnosis on Facebook Live and said he has been “sicker than a dog.”

Nugent said his symptoms include a stuffed-up head and body aches

“I have had flu symptoms for the last 10 days. I thought I was dying,” the singer said. “I literally could hardly crawl out of bed the last few days, but I did, I crawled.”

Nugent used racist terms to describe the virus, which he spoke about with television personality John Brenkus in a second Facebook Live.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article250803704.html#storylink=cpy

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
I fucking hate these draconian lockdowns but I wear a mask when I have to out of respect for people who are vulnerable, in and outside of my own circle. It isn’t that difficult.

The fact there are people who don’t believe covid boggles my mind.

People like Nugent are fucking idiots and the worst of the lot, he has reach and decides to use it to feed his own narcissism and desire for control. Fuck him

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
That song is about banging underage groupies

"In 1978, Nugent began a relationship with 17-year-old Hawaii native Pele Massa. The age of sexual consent in Hawaii at the time was 16, however, they could not marry due to the age difference. To get around this, Nugent joined Massa's parents in signing documents to make himself her legal guardian."

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
"In 1978, Nugent began a relationship with 17-year-old Hawaii native Pele Massa. The age of sexual consent in Hawaii at the time was 16, however, they could not marry due to the age difference. To get around this, Nugent joined Massa's parents in signing documents to make himself her legal guardian."
That wasn't the age on consent.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
A draft-dodging gun advocate. Is there a more spineless individual?

...not to mention a pedophile and critic of school shooting survivors.
i'm with you right up to "critic of school shooting survivors". If David Hogg says stupid shit, it should be criticized. Even by draft-dodging gun-advocate pedophiles.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
i'm with you right up to "critic of school shooting survivors". If David Hogg says stupid shit, it should be criticized. Even by draft-dodging gun-advocate pedophiles.
What he says should be, not him. Go ahead and post what he said and we can dig into it, but ad hominem arguments are the nadir of juvenility.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
What he says should be, not him. Go ahead and post what he said and we can dig into it, but ad hominem arguments are the nadir of juvenility.
i can't find where Ted Nugent criticized school shooting survivors, only where he criticized David Hogg and other activists.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Sounds like Covid had a pretty good stranglehold on him. Hope he kicks it.