General Ted Nugent, COVID denier, tests positive for COVID

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
i can't find where Ted Nugent criticized school shooting survivors, only where he criticized David Hogg and other activists.
I mean, how hard did you try?

"In March 2018, Nugent criticized the survivors of the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting who became gun control activists, calling them "mushy brained children" and stating that "the evidence is irrefutable: They have no soul."
Ted Nugent: Parkland teens attacking the NRA have 'no soul'

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I mean, how hard did you try?
pretty hard. i get that he called David Hogg and other activists "brain-washed", but he also said they were "uninformed".

brain-washed, not accurate.
uninformed, accurate.

what am I missing?

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
pretty hard. i get that he called David Hogg and other activists "brain-washed", but he also said they were "uninformed".

brain-washed, not accurate.
uninformed, accurate.

what am I missing?
Sorry, I edited my response- hit ENTER too soon.

His statements are indefensible. Come on. He's a Limbaugh. He doesn't believe in shit, and in this case "uninformed" means "they believe gun control will prevent school shootings and I don't." This is a silly hill to die on.

M

member 1013

His statements are indefensible. Come on. He's a Limbaugh. He doesn't believe in shit, and in this case "uninformed" means "they believe gun control will prevent school shootings and I don't." This is a silly hill to die on.
This is TMMAC, we all die on silly hills. Come to israel with me

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

that's what I read about. But be real, they all fling invective at each other.

"I really feel sorry for them. It's not only ignorant, dangerous and stupid—it's soulless. To attack the good, law-abiding families of America when well-known, predictable murderers commit these horrors is deep in the category of soulless."

don't get me wrong, he and Ingrahm and Limbaugh and Carlson and a whole shitload of provocateurs in the FakeLiberal camp are doing the same thing. But Nugent isn't criticizing "school shooting survivors" or these activists for being school shooting survivors.

he's criticizing them for saying things he finds stupid and soulless.

Hate him for being a kid-fucker, not for calling out uninformed people with his inflammatory rhetoric.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015

"I really feel sorry for them. It's not only ignorant, dangerous and stupid—it's soulless. To attack the good, law-abiding families of America when well-known, predictable murderers commit these horrors is deep in the category of soulless."

don't get me wrong, he and Ingrahm and Limbaugh and Carlson and a whole shitload of provocateurs in the FakeLiberal camp are doing the same thing. But Nugent isn't criticizing "school shooting survivors" or these activists for being school shooting survivors.

Hate him for being a kid-fucker, not for calling out uninformed people with his inflammatory rhetoric.
Hm, I appreciate your clarification- let me ponder this on the Tree of Woe.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015

So, here's the interview in question:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mPscwZ1Bew

In a sea of subjective, inarticulate bullshit I concede he does not attack anyone FOR BEING a school shooting survivor. I didn't have the full context for his quotes the liberal media cherry-picked.

However, he DOES attack them for their beliefs- which include advocating for gun control after being in a school when a classmate killed his friends.

I feel like we're splitting hairs here, and this doesn't change my feeling about Ted Nugent: that he's a self-serving, spineless piece of shit, but you're right, he didn't explicitly attack Hogg et al for being school shooting survivors.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Ok, he got it. And he survived, like the other 99.8% of people who get it. Sure it’s killing .02% of the population. Mostly people with weakened immune systems from age, or other issues like obesity or diabetes. The flu can also kill the elderly or people with weakened immune systems. We aren’t shutting down the country and forcing people to wear masks for who knows how many more years over the flu.

So again. Why the fuck are we making such a big deal over this?

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Ok, he got it. And he survived, like the other 99.8% of people who get it. Sure it’s killing .02% of the population. Mostly people with weakened immune systems from age, or other issues like obesity or diabetes. The flu can also kill the elderly or people with weakened immune systems. We aren’t shutting down the country and forcing people to wear masks for who knows how many more years over the flu.

What do we have for the flu that is still being rolled out for Rona? I'll give you a hint, it begins with a "v".

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Ok great. Anyone that wants it, hurry up and get it so we can move the hell on.
Agree, it'd probably help if people stopped pushing narratives not based in science and scaring people into not getting it.....

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Agree, it'd probably help if people stopped pushing narratives not based in science and scaring people into not getting it.....
I’m not getting it because fuck them. That’s not science. It’s me being honest. I had it. I survived. I’ll take my chances with Covid again, versus vaccines that haven’t been vetted.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I’m not getting it because fuck them. That’s not science. It’s me being honest. I had it. I survived. I’ll take my chances with Covid again, versus vaccines that haven’t been vetted.
I had it as well, no symptoms, I didn't get the vaccination for myself. I got it so I would have more protection against spreading it to other people, some of whom may be vulnerable. My wife has personally worked with mRNA for years in the lab, she felt it was safe so thats good enough for me.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Which vaccine are you specifically talking about? The Adenovirus-based vaccine or the mRNA vaccine? Who said it wasn't vetted, and what do you mean by "vetted"? Because there were extensive clinical trials and we now have a HUGE sample size. Do you have an education or work experience in immunology, infectious disease, biology, virology, or any related field? What medical journals do you read regularly that have recommended not getting the vaccine? Did you watch the Pfizer et al presentations to the FDA Committees? If you answered yes to any of these, I would love for a more in-depth explanation of your position because you apparently know something that the medical community at large does not.

I know professional athletes that got COVID and nearly died. I know fat, diabetic, elderly people who have CAD and got COVID and had almost no symptoms. I have family that work in both research and healthcare on the frontlines, specifically in NY/NJ and I have heard their stories. During the first and second wave, a family member was regularly berated by patients who didn't believe in COVID when she told them they would have to be intubated. Who called her a sheep when she brought in an iPad so they could Zoom call their relatives to say goodbye. She told me 20 year olds would come in on a Monday, code on a Wednesday and die over the weekend. My BIL did the wiring for morgue refrigeration trucks at Long Island hospitals, and then watched the bodies being loaded in.

I have no idea why you're anti-vax in this case. You have an opinion and a choice, which you're entitled to, but they're not facts, my dude.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I feel like we're splitting hairs here, and this doesn't change my feeling about Ted Nugent: that he's a self-serving, spineless piece of shit, but you're right, he didn't explicitly attack Hogg et al for being school shooting survivors.
100% on all counts

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
this entire post is not science.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

death is not the only outcome of COVID, and this virus is prone to mutation. There's also no indication that successive infections will follow the same course in the same person.

if you're still comparing SARS-COV2/COVID to the seasonal flu, you're being pretty willful in your ignorance (IMAO).

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
death is not the only outcome of COVID, and this virus is prone to mutation. There's also no indication that successive infections will follow the same course in the same person.

if you're still comparing SARS-COV2/COVID to the seasonal flu, you're being pretty willful in your ignorance (IMAO).
willfully ignorant I am sir!