Teen sentenced for killing man during sex

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Jessica Burlew (Source: Maricopa County Sheriff's Office)
PHOENIX (KPHO/KTVK) -

A Glendale teen accused of strangling a man to death during sex was sentenced to 10 years in prison on Wednesday.

Jessica Burlew, now 18, was charged as an adult with second-degree murder.

The charge stems from the death of her boyfriend, Jason Ash, 43. His body was found in a Glendale apartment in January 2014.

Burlew pleaded guilty to the charge last month. She was 16 at the time of the incident, but prosecutors charged her as an adult.

Burlew reportedly told her mother that she and Ash were playing sex games and he was cut and choked. She said Ash did not say the "safety word," the documents stated. Burlew told police that they would often engage in such acts prior to consensual sex.

Burlew told police that after she strangled Ash, she began cutting him with a razor blade in an attempt to get a response since he appeared to have passed out, according to the court documents. After she didn't get a response, she said she continued to cut him in order to alleviate her stress from the situation.

Burlew's mother said the teen has a history of cutting herself "as a release," according to the court paperwork.

Supporters of Burlew say she was a minor sexually victimized by Ash and the death should have been considered accidental. Sex with a minor is a felony under Arizona law.

Hired Gun

If You Only Knew What I Dooooo
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Ok a 43yo man with a 16yo girl?

Get ready for the victim card to be played. She'll plea bargain this down to less than 5 yrs

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Burlew told police that after she strangled Ash, she began cutting him with a razor blade in an attempt to get a response since he appeared to have passed out, according to the court documents. After she didn't get a response, she said she continued to cut him in order to alleviate her stress from the situation.

Well there goes any defense I was thinking of.
Looks like age of consent is 18. She'll get a reduction in time.

More news
As Jessica Burlew Considers Plea Deal, Her Supporters Blast Its Terms | Phoenix New Times

Supporter website
Free Jessica Burlew | Jessica Burlew is being charged as an adult for the accidental death of a sexual predator.

Mother is a bit ridiculous:
"I have taken several classes that specify in children’s behavior health. My point being is that the system has failed us, I failed Jessica by listening to and doing what mental health professionals told me to"

The system failed when it said "Do these things" and the mother didn't?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Technically, according to the letter of the law, he was raping her. Probably why she only got 10 years for murdering someone, even though she plead not guilty.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Is that totally wrong though?
Can't she be held accountable but with context?

Dude was a pervy scum.
No doubt he was scummy, but she knew exactly what she was doing. The fact that they had a safety word proves that she was just as much a sexual deviant as he was.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Don't Fuck kids and this wouldn't happen..

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
that whole situation is messed up. i was reading some of the links..apparently the dude might have had a mental disability that was never diagnosed. then you add in the meth and the depressed cutter chick with a terrible childhood and the mom with zero accountability who blames the state for not making her daughter behave appropriately.. the only possible ending is disaster.
the mom shoulda chased the guy she believed to be 28ish away...that's still to old for a 16 yr old girl.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
she is probably going to kill 10 more men before she is caught again after she gets a slap on the wrist.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
that whole situation is messed up. i was reading some of the links..apparently the dude might have had a mental disability that was never diagnosed. then you add in the meth and the depressed cutter chick with a terrible childhood and the mom with zero accountability who blames the state for not making her daughter behave appropriately.. the only possible ending is disaster.
the mom shoulda chased the guy she believed to be 28ish away...that's still to old for a 16 yr old girl.
I agree,but this also makes her a ticking time bomb that will explode again.