teen who mounted gun on drone arrested, charged with assaulting officers

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
CLINTON, Conn. (WTNH) — A Clinton teenager who posted a YouTube video of a gun being shot from a drone in his yard has been arrested after a warrant was issued.

Police say 18-year-old Austin Haughwout was told to turn himself in on Wednesday, stemming from an incident on July 19. That incident is not connected to the drone with the attached gun. Officials say Houghwout was parked at the library after hours and went berserk when police approached.

“When he tried to stop him, Mr. Houghwout initially stopped, questioned the officer’s authority for stopping him, and then prior to the officer’s backup arriving, Mr. Houghwout drove away,” said Clinton Police Sgt. Jeremiah Dunn.

He stopped a quarter mile up the road, but the teenager allegedly kept the car in drive, refused to get out, and screamed at officers that they had no right to detain him. Clinton police backed down.

“The decision was made at that time, instead of putting our officers in harm’s way of getting injured by a moving vehicle, that we would merely culminate the investigation by an arrest warrant,” Sgt. Dunn said.

According to officials, when Haughwout went to surrender at the police station Wednesday evening, he refused to obey officers’ again.

“He had a disagreement with the arresting officer in our front lobby and attempted to exit the building,” Sgt. Dunn said. “The officer had to physically restrained him from doing so and an altercation ensued.”

Police say he repeatedly hit and kicked officers during his arrest.

“We’ve had multiple interaction with Mr. Haughwout,” said Sgt. Dunn. “Some of those interactions were as a juvenile and I cannot comment on, but as an adult this is the first time we’ve dealt with him where he became physically combative with the officers.”

Haughwout was taken to the hospital after he started showing symptoms from apparent difficulty breathing. There, medical staff found a recording device in his underwear, according to authorities. He apparently wanted to document his interaction with officers.

The teen is charged with two counts of assaulting an officer and interfering with an officer as a result of Wednesday’s actions. The warrant charges him with interfering with an officer and failure to obey an officer’s signal.

Haughwout was released on $20,000 bond after being arraigned in Middlesex Superior Court on Thursday. He’s due back in court on August 13.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Why?

What did he do wrong?

I wanna hear that audio, as well as some charges other than "failing to do what I say"
This kid obviously loves controversy and posting videos online. I'm sure he put the recording device in his underwear and went to the police station in hopes that some shit would go down and he could post another video.

That's how alot of these kids operate now.

He's also lucky that the police decided to pull back and let him go after assaulting officers and only issuing a warrant.

He could have easily been fired upon instead ( and I'm not saying whether that would have been right or wrong.)

IMO, just do what the police say and file any grievances after the fact. I haven't been approached by cops in years but I would always hand over my ID and answer any questions and I've never had a problem.

It seems to be the cool thing now a days to act like a twat to cops in hopes of it creating something newsworthy.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
This kid obviously loves controversy and posting videos online. I'm sure he put the recording device in his underwear and went to the police station in hopes that some shit would go down and he could post another video.

That's how alot of these kids operate now.

He's also lucky that the police decided to pull back and let him go after assaulting officers and only issuing a warrant.

He could have easily been fired upon instead ( and I'm not saying whether that would have been right or wrong.)

IMO, just do what the police say and file any grievances after the fact. I haven't been approached by cops in years but I would always hand over my ID and answer any questions and I've never had a problem.

It seems to be the cool thing now a days to act like a twat to cops in hopes of it creating something newsworthy.
I hear what you're saying, unfortunately it's the prevailing thought.
But it's my view that the reason we have overreaching being taught is exactly because citizens will take it.
And there's no end in sight.
Police don't care about you or your rights, they care about career advancement.
FPSRussia mounted a minigun on a drone and blows all kinds of shit up.
It's not fair to label a kid a troublemaker because he does cool things, or challenges authority.
Or even assume he assaulted officers for defending himself.
Think about just the story itself.
There's no mention of an initial crime, simply that officers avoided confrontation, issued a warrant for wisdom's sake, and this kid looking for a fight got one, and he's a loose cannon, because he shoots loose cannons?

What CRIME did he commit, factually??!!

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
I hear what you're saying, unfortunately it's the prevailing thought.
But it's my view that the reason we have overreaching being taught is exactly because citizens will take it.
And there's no end in sight.
Police don't care about you or your rights, they care about career advancement.
FPSRussia mounted a minigun on a drone and blows all kinds of shit up.
It's not fair to label a kid a troublemaker because he does cool things, or challenges authority.
Or even assume he assaulted officers for defending himself.
Think about just the story itself.
There's no mention of an initial crime, simply that officers avoided confrontation, issued a warrant for wisdom's sake, and this kid looking for a fight got one, and he's a loose cannon, because he shoots loose cannons?

What CRIME did he commit, factually??!!
Idk all I've read about this story is in the OP. Hopefully there's some dashcam footage of the initial altercation as well as some footage from the police headquarters lobby. Surely at least 1 video should surface. You'd think the lobby would have a camera for sure.

If no video evidence surfaces, it would definitely be suspicious.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Idk all I've read about this story is in the OP. Hopefully there's some dashcam footage of the initial altercation as well as some footage from the police headquarters lobby. Surely at least 1 video should surface. You'd think the lobby would have a camera for sure.

If no video evidence surfaces, it would definitely be suspicious.
Exactly.
Was there even an initial confrontation?
NO cops leave a scene and issue a warrant unless they have nada.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
the fuck? maybe his yard was huge, but ya just can't be shooting a gun from a drone in your neighborhood.
with the Louisiana theater shooting fresh in my mind...a gun on a drone is a bad idea. only a dumb ass posts their criminal activity on the web anyway.