Teepee / Scorpion Choke

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I've seen this in grappling tournaments.. and had it put on me in training.. very tight and if the guy has long legs it put you to sleep

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Scorpion is what the dude called it at Rob Kahns iirc

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
My coach calls this the 'squash triangle'

I use this when guys are trying to posture out my triangle and I haven't got the right angle. Make an s grip. Stretch and your arms and then legs. I haven't been caught in this but pretty sure this submission 'hurts' rather than it being a blood choke

Leigh @Leigh Darqnezz @Darqnezz
Am I correct here or am I talking out my ass?

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
I would have to play with that to know for sure, but it looks like that would pull the shoulder into the neck and be a blood choke just like the "diamond frame" you can sometimes hit if you can't get the angle for a "real" triangle.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
My coach calls this the 'squash triangle'

I use this when guys are trying to posture out my triangle and I haven't got the right angle. Make an s grip. Stretch and your arms and then legs. I haven't been caught in this but pretty sure this submission 'hurts' rather than it being a blood choke

Leigh @Leigh Darqnezz @Darqnezz
Am I correct here or am I talking out my ass?
Yes. I've tried it loads of times and people rarely tap. It just hurts.

Jeff Glover did it to Kristian Woodmansee and it worked. He tried it on Geo Martinez (I think) and it didn't work. He does with a locked triangle though.