General Terror attack at Mandalay Bay

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Still, I only hear a few shots crack.
What's that mean?
LoL
I know there are three things you listen for but can't remember what is what

Edit: ok so the crack is when it goes super sonic but what does that mean or tell us?
The bullets are not going fast?
Should the guns used have made the crack noise

Last edited:
M

member 3289

You conspiracy nuts really need to let this shit go and move on with your lives

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
What's that mean?
LoL
I know there are three things you listen for but can't remember what is what

Edit: ok so the crack is when it goes super sonic but what does that mean or tell us?
The bullets are not going fast?
Should the guns used have made the crack noise
Yes, unless you are filming with good equipment, the “thud” of impact may be hard to distinguish. This video and one other I watched have clear, loud cracks that let you know that you are in the cone of fire. I’d like to analyze all video audio files from that night to see if I can pull out the buzz of the round when it’s right by you so you can hear that. I’m sure cameras picked it up, but it’s low quality audio.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
MGM Resorts International sues more than 1,000 victims from Las Vegas mass shooting, denying any liability

MGM Resorts International claimed in a new lawsuit that it has no liability in any of the injuries or deaths in the October mass shooting in Las Vegas.

The company, which owns Mandalay Bay and the Route 91 Harvest festival venue, argued that its security vendor took all necessary precautions, approved by the Department of Homeland Security, for “protecting against and responding to acts of mass injury and destruction,” according to the suit acquired by the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

MGM sued more than 1,000 victims of the shooting.

“I’ve never seen a more outrageous thing, where they sue the victims in an effort to find a judge they like,” attorney Robert Eglet, who represented some of the victims, told the Review-Journal, accusing MGM of “judge-shopping” in federal court, rather than state court where he believes any lawsuits should be filed. “It’s just really sad that they would stoop to this level.”

Stephen Paddock, 64, opened fire from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel into the crowd at the Route 91 Harvest music festival last year, killing 58 people and leaving more than 850 injured.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Its ugly in many many ways

Not gonna add much to this thread because my posts may be unwelcome.

For such sad event the media seems to have just moved on and ignored much of the releases of info the last few months

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Ugly situation. Although honestly, I can't blame MGM for trying to absolve themselves of responsibility. It's America, a gunman can enter any establishment and open fire - just because he chose your location, doesn't make you automatically liable IMO.

But to launch any kind of suit against the victims, wow. That kind of bad publicity would even make John Schnatter wince.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Ugly situation. Although honestly, I can't blame MGM for trying to absolve themselves of responsibility. It's America, a gunman can enter any establishment and open fire - just because he chose your location, doesn't make you automatically liable IMO.

But to launch any kind of suit against the victims, wow. That kind of bad publicity would even make John Schnatter wince.
its some sort of court or judge shopping I think...a pre-emptive strike of sorts...They did Many things wrong and both they and the PD will be sued for decades...I won't get into it here but they are definitely at fault in multiple ways along with LEO agencies and beyond.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I won't get into it here but they are definitely at fault in multiple ways along with LEO agencies and beyond.
Maybe so... I feel like they should have come to the table with some kind of offer first. Even if they didn't feel they were at fault. Something for the victims to say "we care". The money would have been better spent, than to launch preemptive legal strikes. Bad publicity! Will hurt them...

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Maybe so... I feel like they should have come to the table with some kind of offer first. Even if they didn't feel they were at fault. Something for the victims to say "we care". The money would have been better spent, than to launch preemptive legal strikes. Bad publicity! Will hurt them...
its lawyer stuff man...never makes sense in a compassionate way

and if they offer anything at all it can be used against them in court as some sort of admission of responsibility

I agree it is lame as hell

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
its lawyer stuff man...never makes sense in a compassionate way

and if they offer anything at all it can be used against them in court as some sort of admission of responsibility

I agree it is lame as hell
Welcome to the world we now live in. Frivilous litigation goes both ways

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Welcome to the world we now live in. Frivilous litigation goes both ways
Ya tell me about it

just had a lady hold an IMO fraudulent injury claim from a very minor fender bender for the full 2 years..I think my insurance company sniffed her out and made her back down...she waited the full 2 years to decide not to file a suit for damages

I had low limits at the time so it would be against me directly...limits are excessively high now but I certainly lost some sleep and stressed about it(she was a NASA employee/astronaut so I know I would lose in court if it went there)

courts and lawyers suck