General 'Terror attack' in London

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SlapheadGiraffe

Posting Machine
Jun 21, 2016
Not sure...
Sky News are showing images if someone who has fallen/jumped from Westminster Bridge.

At least one dead and others have suffered 'catastrophic injuries '

The trouble with 24 hour news is that sometimes it's breaking news sometimes it settles down after an hour or so...

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Not sure...
Sky News are showing images if someone who has fallen/jumped from London Bridge.

At least one dead and others have suffered 'catastrophic injuries '

The trouble with 24 hour news is that sometimes it's breaking news sometimes it settles down after an hour or so...
Let me be clear. First and foremost my thoughts are with anyone there, and I hope everyone gets home safe.

but I'm just so tired of this clickbait "journalism" No one cares about facts, they just care about being first. Throw a sexy headline on it, run it up the flagpole and watch the money roll in.

SlapheadGiraffe

Posting Machine
Jun 21, 2016
Two separate incidents.

Guy appears to have driven into someone (or up to 12 people) on Westminster Bridge.

Also someone has tried to attack someone in Parliament and has been shot dead by police.

London eye on shutdown and people trapped in pods.

Does seem real...

SlapheadGiraffe

Posting Machine
Jun 21, 2016
Let me be clear. First and foremost my thoughts are with anyone there, and I hope everyone gets home safe.

but I'm just so tired of this clickbait "journalism" No one cares about facts, they just care about being first. Throw a sexy headline on it, run it up the flagpole and watch the money roll in.
Agree
You worded what I was trying to say better than me!

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Two separate incidents.

Guy appears to have driven into someone (or up to 12 people) on Westminster Bridge.

Also someone has tried to attack someone in Parliament and has been shot dead by police.

London eye on shutdown and people trapped in pods.

Does seem real...
Same guy from what I've read. He drove into people on the bridge and then headed down on foot.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Same guy from what I've read. He drove into people on the bridge and then headed down on foot.
I've read reports of two people in the car. Dropped one off then he headed to the parliment with the knife.

One is shot dead by police after stabbing an officer one is being held.

You know shit gets serious when the british police get the guns out. Outside of london and major airports seeing an armed police officer is like finding rocking horse shit.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
I've read reports of two people in the car. Dropped one off then he headed to the parliment with the knife.

You know shit gets serious when the british police get the guns out. Outside of london and major airports seeing an armed police officer is like finding rocking horse shit.
thats wild, considering all the AR-15s we see as soon as you step into NYC lol

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
thats wild, considering all the AR-15s we see as soon as you step into NYC lol
Remember, inside London, basically inside the M25 motorway the security risk is infinitely bigger and therefore the amount of armed police goes up.

London is our NYC, our Washington, remember we small....

Outside, very very minimal. Never really a necessity due to our almost complete lack of firearms. Tazers are enough.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015

Fairly common in London these days.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Fairly common in London these days.
Yerp. In London I would say it is the norm. Transport police too which is always a shock to a brit.

Jump on the tube to find 3 heavily armed people patrolling. It's scary and comforting considering our aversion to firearms

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016

The BBC is your best bet. They have no vested interest in clicks, SKY NEWS is another beast, they're run by Rupert Murdoch, google that terrible human being sometime...

Whether the BBC article looks like clickbait or not it isnt, they have no adverts and make no direct revenue from their sites. We pay them every year, but that is also another story...

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
Remember, inside London, basically inside the M25 motorway the security risk is infinitely bigger and therefore the amount of armed police goes up.

London is our NYC, our Washington, remember we small....

Outside, very very minimal. Never really a necessity due to our almost complete lack of firearms. Tazers are enough.
EDIT: i read ur subsequent comments and get it now. the officers in LN have guns

(ive been there twice a long time ago.. 96 europcup "its cominnnn homeee" and stayed there in 98 and tookt he ferry over for world cup games, bc the french were mean at the time and the english were awesome - michael oweeeennn)

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I would like it if officers in every country were paid double, trained to apprehend above all else, and after trial and conviction, these "terrorists" had their lives ceased memorably in public.

I see no end in sight between foreign "policy" and the perceived glamorization of martyrdom.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I would like it if officers in every country were paid double, trained to apprehend above all else, and after trial and conviction, these "terrorists" had their lives ceased memorably in public.

I see no end in sight between foreign "policy" and the perceived glamorization of martyrdom.
You don't think they would glamorize being publicly executed by the 'kuffar'?

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Actually wanted to open a thread and poke some shit at the English before we take them on in an unimportant football game tonight. Guess its not the best time.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
You don't think they would glamorize being publicly executed by the 'kuffar'?
I used the word "memorably" as a substitution for my much harder visualization, which no, would not be glamorous.