Terry Etim recovering at home after February traffic incident

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

One month after former UFC fighter Terry Etim was hospitalized for serious injuries, the Liverpool-native is now recovering at his home. The Liverpool Echo reported earlier this week that the 31-year-old “has now been discharged from hospital and is recovering at home,” and that “Police confirmed they would be taking no further action over the incident.”

In late February, eyewitnesses said that Etim was running in and out of traffic and had repeatedly thrown himself into buses. Pictures from the scene showed the broken windscreen glass and blood on the vehicles. Another witness stated that Etim “wasn’t trying to harm…

Ex-UFC fighter Terry Etim recovering at home after traffic incident

Last edited:

bully4me

Aug 10, 2015
Always been a fan of Etim's. Remember being exited when he signed with Bellator. Was one guy I was pissed about being cut from the UFC.

Anyone know why he stopped fighting?

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016

One month after former UFC fighter Terry Etim was hospitalized for serious injuries, the Liverpool-native is now recovering at his home. The Liverpool Echo reported earlier this week that the 31-year-old “has now been discharged from hospital and is recovering at home,” and that “Police confirmed they would be taking no further action over the incident.”

In late February, eyewitnesses said that Etim was running in and out of traffic and had repeatedly thrown himself into buses. Pictures from the scene showed the broken windscreen glass and blood on the vehicles. Another witness stated that Etim “wasn’t trying to harm…

Ex-UFC fighter Terry Etim recovering at home after traffic incident
MY EYES! you could've at least cropped that image down a bit :D

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
So he’s ok?
Damn that scouser fucked cerrone up. Also, cerrone needs to shave his head.
Agreed. Yeh he was in his corner. I don't know what the whole deal with him was. I think I tried to figure it out and found nothing one time.

UKMMAGURU

Overwhelming you with strikes..
Oct 19, 2017
I’d love to see Etim and Sass return, they could instantly headline any regional show in the UK, hopefully CW or BAMMA will realise this soon.

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
I’d love to see Etim and Sass return, they could instantly headline any regional show in the UK, hopefully CW or BAMMA will realise this soon.
Paul Sass hasn't fought in 4 years.

Isn't he retired?

UKMMAGURU

Oct 19, 2017
Paul Sass hasn't fought in 4 years.

Isn't he retired?
Not officially, he still trains out of Kaobon, i think alot of the ex UFC guys go from the standard 10/10 UFC contract and when they see the pittance on offer in the regionals they don’t go for it, after 1 or 2 years of inactivity they’ve been effectively retired by the gulf in earnings. BAMMA headline with guys earning less than two grand for show money, the whole thing is a shambles.

I could easily reel off another half dozen fighters from the UK and Ire who are in a similar position.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Not officially, he still trains out of Kaobon, i think alot of the ex UFC guys go from the standard 10/10 UFC contract and when they see the pittance on offer in the regionals they don’t go for it, after 1 or 2 years of inactivity they’ve been effectively retired by the gulf in earnings. BAMMA headline with guys earning less than two grand for show money, the whole thing is a shambles.

I could easily reel off another half dozen fighters from the UK and Ire who are in a similar position.
Please reel off

UKMMAGURU

Oct 19, 2017
Please reel off
Eugene Fadiora
Tom Watson
Mike Wootten
Nick Osipczak
Jason Young
Andy Ogle
Pablo Garza (based in Norway)

It’s always a concern when the UFC cut the UK guys because it’s not unlikely that you’ll never see them again.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Eugene Fadiora
Tom Watson
Mike Wootten
Nick Osipczak
Jason Young
Andy Ogle
Pablo Garza (based in Norway)

It’s always a concern when the UFC cut the UK guys because it’s not unlikely that you’ll never see them again.
Why did Nick stop? Is he still in the game? I was talking about this the other day he used to fight out my hometown with Dan and Paul Daley.

Fucking forgot about Garza, didn't he have the coolest flying knee ko? Or eat one?

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
Why did Nick stop? Is he still in the game? I was talking about this the other day he used to fight out my hometown with Dan and Paul Daley.

Fucking forgot about Garza, didn't he have the coolest flying knee ko? Or eat one?
From what I understand Nick did "retire" for a bit after the UFC and opened a school, then a good while after that finally returned to the cage but I haven't heard much about him since then.

I was impressed with his style from ultimate fighter and thought he had a good future in the sport....but IMO fell on some bad decision losses in the UFC.

UKMMAGURU

Oct 19, 2017

Nick did receive offers after being cut from the UFC, enough time passed and he went into some kind of Tai Chi direction (no contact stuff), he returned last year I think but he appears to have gone again. Ultimately his prime years would have been during his absence, such a shame.

Tom Watson was Duquesnoy for BAMMA before Duquesnoy, he must have defended the MW title a good 4/5 times. I asked him on Twitter a little while ago if he had retired, he has not, but has not received an acceptable offer, he was cut in August 2015 and he is 35.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Nick did receive offers after being cut from the UFC, enough time passed and he went into some kind of Tai Chi direction (no contact stuff), he returned last year I think but he appears to have gone again. Ultimately his prime years would have been during his absence, such a shame.

Tom Watson was Duquesnoy for BAMMA before Duquesnoy, he must have defended the MW title a good 4/5 times. I asked him on Twitter a little while ago if he had retired, he has not, but has not received an acceptable offer, he was cut in August 2015 and he is 35.
Fuck I didn't know Kong even got cut. I had a mini fan club going for him in Yuma AZ. I watched all his UFC fights while I was there,. And made sure my buddies / co-workers rooted for him too

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

I was discussing with my brother yesterday how it's weird I can't remember most of the shit I learned at school but for some reason my brain remembers MMA fights.

Not that it's useful in life