General Tesla product launch 10/10 7 PM

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

vad

Custom title
Jun 24, 2022
Hoping for an xPhone.
Id buy it.

Recently went to android from iPhone because the Pixel 7a was $250 vs double for even the cheapest iPhone. It's fine. But this thing clearly listens to my entire network. I can talk about something on Discord on my PC and get ads for it on my phone. Their news app is a pure propaganda machine. Tempted to go back to iPhone cost be damned.

kvr28

Ghost of KVR
Nov 22, 2015
Id buy it.

Recently went to android from iPhone because the Pixel 7a was $250 vs double for even the cheapest iPhone. It's fine. But this thing clearly listens to my entire network. I can talk about something on Discord on my PC and get ads for it on my phone. Their news app is a pure propaganda machine. Tempted to go back to iPhone cost be damned.
Same, Elon has teased if he releases it, it will come with free starlink, as long as that includes my current starlink account I would do it in a heart beat.

White347lx

Mar 2, 2023
Hopefully it's the roadster. 0-60 times were supposed to be under a second, but now they are claiming 1.9. Top speed 250+.
I'm a huge fan of fast cars but there really aren't many drivers in the world who can handle that. That 0-60 time would be comparable to a 2000 hp drag car.

kvr28

Ghost of KVR
Nov 22, 2015
It's fine. But this thing clearly listens to my entire network.
100 percent, there is things that I have commented on here while browsing on my phone and I immediately started getting ads on facebook, youtube, etc that I never saw before. It happened to me the other day, can't remember exactly what it was.

Bigsunfish

Oct 24, 2015
Id buy it.

The phone is using its microphone to listen instead of snooping VOIP traffic on your network.

And your phone 100% listens to you at all times...apps like your Google Assistant are waiting for keywords to respond but they actively listen.

Facebook is installed on phones even without the app being dl and installed on phones...your phone software could facebook hooks baked into the OS always snooping around for Ads.

vad

Custom title
Jun 24, 2022
The phone is using its microphone to listen instead of snooping VOIP traffic on your network.

And your phone 100% listens to you at all times...apps like your Google Assistant are waiting for keywords to respond but they actively listen.

Facebook is installed on phones even without the app being dl and installed on phones...your phone software could facebook hooks baked into the OS always snooping around for Ads.
These arent things being said, just viewed on other devices that then show up on my phone.

Bigsunfish

Oct 24, 2015
100 percent, there is things that I have commented on here while browsing on my phone and I immediately started getting ads on facebook, youtube, etc that I never saw before. It happened to me the other day, can't remember exactly what it was.
That is Facebook being baked into your phone OS or you have the app on your phone.

It is no secret that your phone builds up a pretty good profile for targeted ads to be delivered to you

Seems iPhone and IOS is the best for privacy in the sense that Apple does not like to share it's revenue from data analytics.

Bigsunfish

Oct 24, 2015
These arent things being said, just viewed on other devices that then show up on my phone.
Then that's i
I see...that is kinda odd but not really.
Cross device targeting using IP address.

So, most ad tech companies do cross device targeting, using device maps bought from other companies (Drawbridge being one). These companies attempt to assign a variety of devices from the same person to a single advertising profile. The simplest way they do this is by IP address. So if they have an IP address with a small number of devices, they decide it is probably a household and assign all those devices to the same advertising profile.

So, by being on the same wifi together (either at your place or hers) they will show ads on her devices based on your behavior (and vice versa).

This is why I use a Smart Dns to filter Ads and stop companies from tracking me easily.

Bigsunfish

Oct 24, 2015
Then that's i

I see...that is kinda odd but not really.
Cross device targeting using IP address.

So, most ad tech companies do cross device targeting, using device maps bought from other companies (Drawbridge being one). These companies attempt to assign a variety of devices from the same person to a single advertising profile. The simplest way they do this is by IP address. So if they have an IP address with a small number of devices, they decide it is probably a household and assign all those devices to the same advertising profile.

So, by being on the same wifi together they will show ads on her devices based on your behavior (and vice versa).

(This part was quickly copied for you to give info.)

This is why I use a Smart Dns to filter Ads and stop companies from tracking me easily.