Texas explained in a single picture

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Californians move to DFW to save money
There are plenty in Austin. Lots of them are shitheads. For example: Californians have been moving in to the nice/expensive town homes in downtown Austin, and then complaining about the noise from live music. Umm...you just moved to what people refer to as the "live music capital of the world"

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
There are plenty in Austin. Lots of them are shitheads. For example: Californians have been moving in to the nice/expensive town homes in downtown Austin, and then complaining about the noise from live music. Umm...you just moved to what people refer to as the "live music capital of the world"
Live music is great.we have a lot of venues here in long beach. Austin is probably less dangerous doe.

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
What's with the "weird smells" part of Texas? Can one of you hicks please let me know? Thanks

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
What's with the "weird smells" part of Texas? Can one of you hicks please let me know? Thanks
East Texas is where a lot of cattle and pig farms are, plus the wind caries in some of the nastiness from the industrial dystopia that the Houston area has become.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Schlitterbahn? What's that about? Ain't it a bit too hot and dry for that in Texas?
Isn't a hot place ideal for a water park? And for the last 8 months we've had major flooding (more than double the average annual rainfall in that 8 month time), so water isn't an issue right now. Schitterbahn is located next to the Comal River, which is almost entirely spring fed (about a million gallons per day).

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
East Texas is where a lot of cattle and pig farms are, plus the wind caries in some of the nastiness from the industrial dystopia that the Houston area has become.
Thanks. I used to live 20 miles from a pig slaughterhouse and when the wind was just right it smelled like somebody shit in my nose.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Isn't a hot place ideal for a water park? And for the last 8 months we've had major flooding (more than double the average annual rainfall in that 8 month time), so water isn't an issue right now. Schitterbahn is located next to the Comal River, which is almost entirely spring fed (about a million gallons per day).
Ah now I googled it, so its such a big thing that its on that map there? Crazy. Looks a lot fun yeah.

I was on confused since Schlitterbahn is a German word for like an ice track.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Ah now I googled it, so its such a big thing that its on that map there? Crazy. Looks a lot fun yeah.

I was on confused since Schlitterbahn is a German word for like an ice track.
Ah, gotcha. There were a lot of German and Czech settlers in Texas in the 1800's, and the culture is still present here, especially the hill country area. Anything from food/restaurants to names of places. I guess they took a little liberty with the word "schlitterbahn" to mean big ass water slides hah.

It's a gigantic place, I think it's one of the biggest water parks in the world. Texans gonna Texan lol