General Texas man's headaches caused by tapeworm in his brain

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Doctors in Texas said a man who came in complaining of frequent headaches and a fainting spell may have had a tapeworm in his brain for over a decade.

Officials at Ascension Seton said the Austin man came in after fainting in the middle of a soccer game last year and told doctors he had been experiencing severe headaches for months.

An MRI revealed the man had a tapeworm inside his brain.

The worm was removed surgically and the man is now recovering and reported to doctors that his headaches have ceased.

Doctors said the man may have contracted the tapeworm by eating under-cooked pork in Mexico more than a decade ago. They said the man's sister previously had a tapeworm removed from her brain years earlier.

It was unclear whether the siblings contracted their tapeworms at the same time.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
Oh shit, I thought those things just lived in your guts.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Listened to this podcast a month or so back

all about what foods and animals carry parasites and if they can live in ya and what they do in ya.

scared the shit outta me...great listen though

Ep. 191: Sicker Than Hell

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I actually found it pretty comforting. "Cook your meat and your fine."
maybe you picked your content to kinda feel good
plenty of disturbing stuff in there for me
probably cause haven't always cooked the meat enough in various situations

something survived a double lab sterilization or some shit...and some worms can live in ya...those were investing takeaways

I have popped some seafood raw or nearly raw right from the ocean here so it makes me wonder what I got going on

Great podcast though...My lady even gave it a listen and loved it(she is one of those medical people)