Thank you for not having audio ads

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
I just realized it's been about two months since I posted on the MMA UG. I was still posting there at the same time I was posting here out of habit, but the final straw was those stupid unblockable audio ads. I finally got sick of it and delete the app from my phone when one went on for about 30 seconds. And I haven't bothered posting since.

I went back today to check it out and holy fuck, the level of posting is even dumber than I remember. I'm sure there's still some good posters over there, but the tidal wave of stupid just overwhelms it these days. I was reading the "How would Conor McGregor do in UFC 1?" thread and I wondered if this was what it felt like to get brain damage.

I'm happy with quality over quantity. I may still get into arguments here, but those ultimately still feel like a discussions here, and not like a delusional, racist 12 year old is trying to lure me into a shouting contest.

I don't mean to pander, I'm just legit thankful for the message board.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
but the final straw was those stupid unblockable audio ads.

We will never pipe autoplay audio to your Browser or device. Period.

I think that activity by advertisements on any site is completely unacceptable. Nobody in the history of mankind has ever wanted that. Hopefully that kind of thing will keep getting turfed more and more now that Google and others are setting advertisement standards to prevent aggressive and malicious advertisements.

Thanks for the feedback.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Audio ads and pop up video ads are bullshit.

I stopped visiting mmajunkie because of their pop up videos and auto play audio.

NHBStriker

Posting Machine
Sep 5, 2015
Well, now you got me thinking. I think McGregor probably would have been able to get past Royce, because at the time Royce's takedowns weren't great, but I think Ken Shamrock actually would have been able to get McGregor to the mat, and would have managed to leglock him.

People who have problems with this site just have problems in general I think.

Ah well....We do OK. :)