Sports The 2019 Kentucky Derby & Triple Crown thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
On your suggestion, I bet him to win. Only bet $10 so no biggie, but I had him at 7:1 so that DQ cost me $70.

I know you bet the Derby heavy, so I'm sure the bloodshed was heavy.

He was definitely the fastest horse out there so you had that pegged. But he also drifted about 4 lanes and fucked shit up behind him. If he doesn't drift, I still think he wins.
He was definitely best yesterday. To run those opening fractions and close the final 3/8 like he did, is top notch. He's legit.

I had $50 win on him.

A $3 Exacta 7/3,5,8,13,16

And a $1 Trifecta 7/3,5,8,13,16/3,5,8,13,16

So Country House running the race of his life, and then getting bumped up to first cost me a shit load yesterday.

As far as the objection, I think it's total bullshit. I've been watching the Ky Derby since 1986 and I've seen much worse that what happened yesterday with no inquiries or disqualifications. It's a 20 horse field and bumper cars throughout the entire race. Everyone knows it, which is why no horse has even been taken down from a Win in 144 years. Max actually lost the lead when he swung out there, but fought back and ran away again. He was by far the best horse in that race and I think they did his connections a huge disservice.
'

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
He was definitely best yesterday. To run those opening fractions and close the final 3/8 like he did, is top notch. He's legit.

I had $50 win on him.

A $3 Exacta 7/3,5,8,13,16

And a $1 Trifecta 7/3,5,8,13,16/3,5,8,13,16

So Country House running the race of his life, and then getting bumped up to first cost me a shit load yesterday.

As far as the objection, I think it's total bullshit. I've been watching the Ky Derby since 1986 and I've seen much worse that what happened yesterday with no inquiries or disqualifications. It's a 20 horse field and bumper cars throughout the entire race. Everyone knows it, which is why no horse has even been taken down from a Win in 144 years. Max actually lost the lead when he swung out there, but fought back and ran away again. He was by far the best horse in that race and I think they did his connections a huge disservice.
'
How much total were you going to win?

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
He was going to pay around $12 for the win and i would have had that 25 times.
That doesn’t sound like enough to tell my friends about. I’m going to bump it up to 30k to make for a sadder story. The story will be much better.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
That doesn’t sound like enough to tell my friends about. I’m going to bump it up to 30k to make for a sadder story. The story will be much better.
If that 65-1 shot doesn't runt he race of his life, I probably hit for more than a grand. That's what I was banking on. Picked the Derby winner 4 years in a row now, and should have a lot more to show for it.

But like the old saying goes, if if's and but's were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

M

member 3289

I haven't seen the race yet but that horse/jockey clearly broke the rules and deserved to be disqualified