The 5 Must-See MMA Fights to See in April

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The 5 Must-See MMA Fights to See in April | Bleacher Report

Clear your calendars, ladies and gents. There's a full schedule of mixed martial arts on deck for the month of April.

Between single fight cards from Bellator, Invicta FC, ONE FC, World Series of Fighting and four cards from the biggest show in town, there's little reason you shouldn't spend every waking minute catching up on the latest happenings from inside the cage, no matter that cage's shape.

The April showdowns get underway this Saturday in Fairfax, Virginia, as Dana White and Co. bring Chad Mendes and Ricardo Lamas to the Patriot Center. Six days later, Scott Coker and the boys from Bellator bring their rising lightweight champ to please the crowd at the Bren Events Center in Irvine, California. The list goes on and on from there.

But fine, let's assume you don't have the luxury of dedicating a seemingly endless amount of time to your television set. Let's assume, for whatever reason, you can only pick five of the 60-plus bouts to watch. Scroll on through the slides to see which are poised to bring you the biggest bang for your buck....

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Who: Cub Swanson vs. Max Holloway

What: UFC on Fox 15

When: April 18

Where: Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey

Who: Chad Mendes vs. Ricardo Lamas

What: UFC Fight Night 63

When: April 4

Where: Patriot Center, Fairfax, Virginia

Who: Will Brooks vs. Dave Jansen

What: Bellator 136

When: April 10

Where: Bren Events Center, Irvine, California

Who: Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza vs. Yoel Romero

Who: Lyoto Machida vs. Luke Rockhold

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Cub vs Holloway most competative
Jacare vs Romero 2nd most competative
Machida/Rockhold most exciting(depending on which Machida shows up)

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Who: Cub Swanson vs. Max Holloway

Who: Chad Mendes vs. Ricardo Lamas

What: UFC Fight Night 63

When: April 4

Where: Patriot Center, Fairfax, Virginia

Who: Will Brooks vs. Dave Jansen

What: Bellator 136

When: April 10

Where: Bren Events Center, Irvine, California

Who: Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza vs. Yoel Romero

Who: Lyoto Machida vs. Luke Rockhold

The only reason why I only partially post is to get members to click the link and show credit to the original author. I totally see the value in posting the goods but I feel like I'm ripping these guys off :(

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The only reason why I only partially post is to get members to click the link and show credit to the original author. I totally see the value in posting the goods but I feel like I'm ripping these guys off :(
Agreed. Legally, we're only allowed to post a certain amount of the article anyway.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Cub vs Holloway most competative
Jacare vs Romero 2nd most competative
Machida/Rockhold most exciting(depending on which Machida shows up)
I would swap Machida/Rockhold with Jacare and Romero, but those are the top 3 for sure.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Yeah, these sites and journalists live on their hits and it isn't fair to put the vast majority of their articles in the thread.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I was just trying to make it easier for everyone. Can't speak for you all, but I for sure gave the website a hit/click :)

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
btw birdwatcher, I've been meaning to tell you I absolutely LOVE your new avatar.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
btw birdwatcher, I've been meaning to tell you I absolutely LOVE your new avatar.
Lol Thanks D. In all seriousness I was waiting to fly home and got a text from the wife saying I got a package so I asked her to open it assuming it was shirts from IWEI. I got spammed with all sorts of photos and that was the best one as far as posting in the public forum....

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
you're not trying to tell me that's your wife in that avatar pic are you?

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Wow, AWESOME.

I was referencing Splinty having a facebook stalker of his wife. Speaking of, does your wife have a fb account? I kid I kid.