Sci/Tech The Auto Industry Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Let's talk about cars/trucks and other automotive news in here.
What new models are spied? What are you looking forward to?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I think GM resurrecting the hummer as a GMC nameplate is interesting

There's Also an Electric GMC Hummer SUV Coming

In the world of luxury do everything trucks topping out towards 80k for a 1/2 ton these days, this is a natural progression.
It's going to be pricey. But it's also going to check a lot of boxes. If you are going for the first mass produced EV truck, you need a good impression and they could do worse than this plan...

With EV torque and lack of cooling issues, it always seemed natural to me that we should be seeing them as SUVs and Trucks instead of tiny cars going 150 miles. But I guess that's the tech and battery improvements taking time

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I have real designs on this. Really considering selling what I have and going for it. 2020 Camaro.

Never had a "muscle" car before. I love it.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
Watched a video on the Porsche taycan 2020 last night looked pretty awesome.
also getting a new truck soon. Something huge and obnoxious

This is the Porsche video

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015

Like that the front is still so recognisable as a Porsche.

Had an old Porsche years ago, it was fun. Not being flash, it only cost like 10k.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Belobog @Belobog has some cool data on why the Porsche is such a higher quality EV than people realize. Doesn't lose power on repeat runs.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
They need to make a new Z. I'm not getting another car until they do. I thought about getting a nismo 370 but the inside of that car is atrocious. It's like something from the dharma initiative

Too swole to control

Oct 28, 2015
Belobog @Belobog has some cool data on why the Porsche is such a higher quality EV than people realize. Doesn't lose power on repeat runs.
I watched a video on 2010 Panamera and it was surprising how well the car held up because it was so well made. It had some advanced stuff back then that is still cool today.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I watched a video on 2010 Panamera and it was surprising how well the car held up because it was so well made. It had some advanced stuff back then that is still cool today.
I think they made an S model. I saw a fancy One after a colleague though about gettingOne. It was an S or GTS but I can't recall.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
They need to make a new Z. I'm not getting another car until they do. I thought about getting a nismo 370 but the inside of that car is atrocious. It's like something from the dharma initiative

AWD wagon or GTFO. Lol at a Z.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I think that's a great idea. but they would really need to up their game to compete against the current pony car segment in the US. The horsepower wars have been incredible.

They could offer an updated version with a base motor pretty similar to the historical one. But they need a top level car to upsell that really has a performance numbers.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I had a discussion with the as to what I would drive when we ship out to New Zealnd. I said I would probably miss my pickup truck the most.
Pickups arent all that common over there, and I'm not particularly fond of the ones they do have. The Toyota Hilux would probably be the most popular.

I imagine the ford ranger would be the most suitable for me. They're a fair bit different than the north american style.

Too swole to control

Oct 28, 2015
I think they made an S model. I saw a fancy One after a colleague though about gettingOne. It was an S or GTS but I can't recall.
I believe they mentioned that in the video. First time I watched Doug demuro but he is very thorough

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I think that's a great idea. but they would really need to up their game to compete against the current pony car segment in the US. The horsepower wars have been incredible.

They could offer an updated version with a base motor pretty similar to the historical one. But they need a top level car to upsell that really has a performance numbers.
Last Z was 332hp and despite less horsepower and noise was faster than the challenger. Nissan need to make one because I can't afford a gtr

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Plus I love the Z. Badass car. I'm not getting another one tho until they update